Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSH1DBRS - Ice tray does not fill with water

(Topic created on: 01-03-2017 10:40 AM)
bjhoward
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung RSH1FBRS american style fridge. All is working fine except that the ice maker has stopped making ice. The water dispenser is working fine and i have tried the test button in the ice maker unit and it all works ok except for the ice tray which is not being filled with water. Please can you advise what I should do as this does not seem like a mechanical fault?

Regards, Barry

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hi Barry,

Thanks for reaching out to our Community! 

Can you check the following and let us know if you're still having problems.

Ice is not dispensing.PNG

0 Likes
bjhoward
Apprentice
Options

Yes thanks, these are all pretty basic things that I have checked. I have also filled the tray manually with water to see if it froze and was ejected from the tray and it all worked fine. The filtered water dispenser is working fine so there is no issue with the water supply. The only thing I can think of is whether the actual water pipe inside the freezer that supplies the tray has somehow been frozen or blocked but I can't see how to test this.....any ideas?

AntS
Options

Might need a visit from an approved Samsung engineer to check that.

Just to confirm, have you checked that the water filter is properly fitted in?

0 Likes
mcross
First Poster
Options

Hey did you ever figure out what was wrong? my fridge is doing the exact same thing

bjhoward
Apprentice
Options

The Samsung approved repairer didnt even return my call so I had a go myself and it seemed to fix it (or it was just a coincidence). I took the back off and cleaned the area at the bottom and when I took off the water inlet at the top there seemed to be a slight gap in the foil shielding. I wondered whether this was enough for the cold to get in a freeze the pipe so I wrapped a load of kitchen foil around it and replaced it all. Seems to be fine now.

jimh2o
First Poster
Options

My Samsung RFG295AARS is dispensing water ok, filter changed recently, but is not making ice.  Freezer is normal temperature. Please help !! 😩

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @jimh2o.

Have a look at this useful link from our friends in the US.

ironhorse
First Poster
Options

replaced all parts except for icemaker. still no water gets to icemaker.  removed line on the back and water gets to fittings where heater is.

0 Likes
Cortney
First Poster
Options

ironhorse - did you figure this out?  I've been trying to figure this off/on for the past week.  Hooked up water, just confirmed there is water gettign to machine, ice maker tests fine, but still no water yet my freezer seems to be getting more frosted everywhere

0 Likes