Support

Open search

Powerbot robot vacuum machine (VR7000) runs without suction

First Poster

Hello, I have a Samsung powerbot robot vacuum machine (VR7000), it was working fine until recently. Now when I start it, it is just running around without any suction. I have to turn it off and on again, then it works, but after a few hours, the problem happens again. Does anyone know what is the problem? 

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
AntS Moderator

Hi @Nautuul! Vacuum cleaners: the only place where people want a Samsung product to suck as much as possible.

Might seem a daft question, but have you emptied the Powerbot's dustbin; along with checking to see if there's anything that could be blocking the intake on the bottom of the machine?

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

First Poster

Hi AntS, I cleaned the dustbin, the filter, and the brush as well. After a power cycle, everything works normally. Just when the machine is ideal for a while, when i start the machine, it runs around without suction 

AntS Moderator

@Nautuul : After running through the troubleshooting tool we've got at our end, I reckon you'd need an engineer to take a look at the machine in this case. :(

I noticed that you're based in the Netherlands, so it may be worth getting in touch with the Samsung Support team there to see what they can do for you (assuming that your VR7000 was bought in the Netherlands/EU region).

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

First Poster

You can try to reinstall the software through the integrated update feature, update drivers or try an older version of software to solve your issue.
From my personal experience, the Powerbot R7000 is an excellent mid-priced robot vacuum. Judged on cleaning alone, it gets top marks; it consistently left all floor surfaces debris free. It didn’t navigate obstacles as smoothly as the Roomba 960, but it gets points for being able to work itself out of jams without any human intervention.

It’s also one of the louder robot vacuums I tested—you can hear it in other rooms even on the Quiet setting—but it’s worth the tradeoff for the amount of dirt suction you’re getting. On balance, it’s the best robot vacuum I’ve tested outside of the iRobot Roomba 960 and the Roborock S5

IT is the most growing industry to work in!
First Poster

I have a Powerbot R7070, so I can't really help you. Try reading this, maybe it will help you https://popular.reviews/samsung-powerbot/.

I LOVE robot vacuums. 

I feel like a lot of people aren't too fond of them, but I have a Roomba 690 and it does a great job.

What I do is run my Roomba and then use my Shark Navigator (reviews available here) to get all of the spots it doesn't hit (like corners and around chairs sometimes).

I actually got my Roomba during Amazon Prime Day for just $225...

Never tried the VR7000, but just throwing the Roomba 690 out there as an option if you are still having problems.

Top Liked Authors