Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant turn on WiFi in my washing machine h

(Topic created on: 19-02-2018 10:16 PM)
Jola7
Apprentice
Options

Hi there 

any clue why why I can’t turn on WiFi. The model of the washing machine is WW10H9600EX

thanks 

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
Stevews
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

My model number is WW10H9600EW/EU

I tried all the recommended procedures, none of which worked.

I then ran the Self Check and the machine reported the following:-

Wi-Fi module doesn’t work properly.

Make sure the water tap is turned on. 

The second was rather ironic because the machine did two washes without a problem.

i contacted Samsung via webchat and they said an engineer was required to replace the Wi-Fi module and to examine the water supply issue.

New replacement parts will be ordered and fitted next Wednesday. 

I will update the forum with the results following the engineers visit .

BTW I have always used the WiFi on the machine and the Samsung Smart Home app on my iPhone and up until now have never experienced a problem. 

0 Likes
Stevews
Journeyman
Options

Engineer replaced the WiFi module after confirming the existing one had developed a fault.

However he could not explain why the “make sure the water tap is turned on” , Water Supply came up when he ran the self check mode on the machine. It happened time after time, even after he checked the water supply and pressure and inlet pipe.

He called Samsung technical support and they said to ignore it, in the hope it will correct itself.

That does NOT instill me with confidence as I thought these machines were designed to self diagnose faults before they actually occurred. Also why would Samsung say to ignore any errors when you run the self check mode, it’s seems ridiculous. Why have the self check facility in the first place.

0 Likes
SAPILITA
Journeyman
Options

@Jola7 wrote:

Great . Thank you

Just to confirm, have you set the machine up on your network as per the guidance in the user manual?

0 Likes
Stevews
Journeyman
Options

Yes, just to confirm, the WiFi is now working because the engineer replaced the WiFi module inside the machine.

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Great to hear, @Stevews! Thanks for letting us know.

mpcaddy
First Poster
Options

I have the same fault, I've just discovered this topic after getting a tumble dryer and wanting to use the smart control on both the washing machine and dryer, the dryer works perfectly but the WiFi hasn't . Ever since an engineer replaced the washing fluid and fabric softner dispencer the wifi has done the same as the above and I cannot turn it on. From Reading this, it sounds like the engineer must have broke the WiFi module when he replaced the other module. I believe it is now out of warrenty but as the fault has existed since the replacement is there anything that can be done? 

0 Likes
Stevews
Journeyman
Options
It depends on how long Samsung replaced the detergent and fabric conditioning dispenser. When this item was replaced they might have accidentally dislodged the wiring harness on the WiFi module or may have inadvertently broken it when carrying out the repair.

If the machine is less than 5yrs old than it’s likely Samsung will replace the WiFi module free of charge. I watched the engineer replace my faulty WiFi’s unit and it’s difficult to get to so I would definitely recommend it’s carried out by a Samsung engineer.

Hope that helps.
0 Likes
Anon
Student
Options
Ever since an engineer replaced the washing fluid and fabric softner dispencer the wifi has done the same as the above and I cannot turn it on. From Reading this, it sounds like the engineer must have broke the WiFi module when he replaced the other module. I believe it is now out of warrenty but as the fault has existed since the replacement is there anything that can be done? 

This is EXACTLY what happened to me! After the  repair the wifi switch is just greyed out. I had it repaired several times but this happened during the most recent one.

It’s a bit of a lemon, I think the model is discontinued now.

After so many issues with the detergent leaking I am just beyond disappointed that the wifi doesn’t work now but I didn’t do anything about it at the time because I was so sick of getting repair people out.  I was just thankful that at least I could wash my clothes in the thing! Mine would be out of warranty too now, I’m not sure how long ago the most recent repair was done, I lost track after so many!

0 Likes
mpcaddy
First Poster
Options

Yeah we had the detergent dispenser replaced the once, but was the second time the engineer came out as the first time they didnt have the part even though the initial description pretty much said that that was the problem. The second repair guy was very condesceding too, asked if my mum was home, and left us with the old cartridge saying "your mum can use this as a spare" I own my own house, yes I look young but was really annoyed that he assumed I'm living with my mum.

I will try contacting them and see if they can do anything and come and replace the module, hopefully they can, but will be ok if they can't too as I've spent ages not having it and then came across this thread.

0 Likes
GmaryG
First Poster
Options

Hi all i had the same issue with the wifi not conecting. My issue was resolved by removing the auto dispencer and cleaning it. Then the wifi worked again.

0 Likes