Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How does grill work on Dual cook Flex NV75N5641RS/EU?

(Topic created on: 25-10-2018 05:10 PM)
katymary48
Apprentice
Options

I know the grill works because installer and service engineer  both eventually managed to turn it on  but I am unable to get it to work.  I need step by step instructions because I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  Should door be open or closed when I turn it on and when grill in use? (Manual doesn't say this for grill) How long should it take to heat up?  I have no problem operating the oven functions.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
katymary48
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for reply, which repeated what's in manual.  However, got it to work eventually.  Problem was that manual doesn't say whether door should be open or closed when using grill and Samsung call centre told me it was open door grilling.  Have now discovered that grill will not heat up when door open.  Clearer info in manual required, please.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options
@katymary48: From what I can gather you turn the Mode Selector dial on the left to 'Grill' (square symbol with a zigzag pattern at the top) and select the upper compartment by pressing the button to the left of the display that looks like a square with a dark rectangle in the upper half. Use the Value Dial to select the type and temperature of the grill and you should be good to go.
0 Likes
Solution
katymary48
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for reply, which repeated what's in manual.  However, got it to work eventually.  Problem was that manual doesn't say whether door should be open or closed when using grill and Samsung call centre told me it was open door grilling.  Have now discovered that grill will not heat up when door open.  Clearer info in manual required, please.

0 Likes
MasukaH
Voyager
Options

Glad to hear you've got this sorted, we'll be sure to feed this back. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
SusieQW
First Poster
Options
Has not been fed back, or if has, it has not been updated in the manual. I have had to come on here to finally find out how to use the grill function of my dual split oven. Manual very confusing.
I also bout the combination microwave oven and the manual was completely in French!!! Supplied with a UK oven?????
0 Likes
katymary48
Apprentice
Options

Hi  I understand your frustration!  My instruction manual was in English, but still didn't help me to work the grill.  To answer your question I thought I'd better check the manual, and had forgotten how unhelpful it is.  The crucial  thing they don't tell you is that the door needs to be closed for heating and grilling.  Installer (Currys) didn't know so eventually Samsung engineer came and he and call centre each gave different advice on this, so even Samsung don't  know!  Until I looked at the manual again, I'd forgotten (if I ever knew) that you can allegedly have large or eco grill.   I always use the grill with oven divider in place, so it's always on the large grill option, which is fine for me.  I thought I'd see what happened if I took the divider out and sure enough you then get the Eco option.  

I hope this helps.   

0 Likes
Peter b15
First Poster
Options

No update in the manual I've just bought a series 4 flex trying to cook some toast in the top oven it just dries the bread is there a step by step guide anywhere

Thx peter

0 Likes
Steve1955
First Poster
Options

I have just bought a new oven and am having the same problem with the grill, from my research and time spent on the phone along with my own time trying by trial and error I have deduced that the large grill works only with the door closed ( like all the settings it switches off when the door opens to save energy) and most unusually it requires a preheating time before the grill element comes on. This is why I thought it wasn't working at all because it took around 15 mins to preheat to 220C and then the element became red and was obviously working. But who wants to wait 15 mins before you can put your toast in??

Can Samsung tell us if there is a way of operasting the grill without preheating, it seems a complete waste of energy and time and if the element were used to preheat I'm sure it would get to temprature in a couple of mins.

Explanation please!!

0 Likes