Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fridge door alarm keeps going off

(Topic created on: 20-09-2017 06:44 PM)
Woodstock
Student
Options

We've had our fridge/freezer for 6 months and the door alarm keeps going off. It's been doing it a few months and it's driving us nuts.

if you push the door after closing it the alarm stops - but this can't be a long term solution.  

Please can someone help!?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
AntS
Options

Hi @Woodstock.

What's the model number of your fridge-freezer? Is it fitted/built-in (i.e. is there anything else attached to the door)? And have you checked all is well with the door seals and general door fit?

0 Likes
AP101
First Poster
Options
Hi
I have the same problem. I have a American Fridge Freezer RSH1NBBP
But in my case the alarm ( typically meant for open door) does not shut off even if I push the door. This is for freezer door.
There is nothing blocking the door.
It is driving me nuts too..
Any help here will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
0 Likes
Woodstock
Student
Options

Hi,

the model is RSA1RTMG1/XEU.  It's a free standing side by side fridge freezer. It's the fridge door that has the issue.

ive checked the seal and it seems fine. We've never had the doors off.

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tim.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Thanks @Woodstock.

Just to cover the other bases for you and @AP101 here:

• Are there any items that are being pushed out when closing the doors, e.g. food or bottles?
  • Have you noticed any water/liquid penetration into the doors?

If the answer is 'no' to both of those, then it's best to get in touch with the Home Appliance Support team (0330 726 7864 if you're in the UK; 0818 717 100 if you're in EIRE) to arrange an engineer to look into it for you.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Woodstock and @AP101.

Just following this up to see how you guys got on. Did you manage to contact the Support team? If not, if you send me a PM with your name, address, email address, contact number and serial number of your fridge-freezer, I'll be able to check into things as regards warranty status or arrange a callback from Support for you.

0 Likes
simoncbradley
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

• Have you noticed any water/liquid penetration into the doors?

re: your answer above.....what is the solution if the answer is YES ? We had a leak from the water tank that mainly went out of the front onto the floor, but I suspect some leaked internally. Since then we've had the 'Oh Susanna' door alarm playing every couple of bloody minutes ! We've also tried holding the sensors in, to no effect.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,

Simon

0 Likes