Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing issue with RF56J9040SR fridge freezer

(Topic created on: 14-10-2018 07:24 PM)
Paulalfc78
First Poster
Options

I have the above American fridge freezer. I am having great difficulty in getting the bottom right hand side to freeze at the same temperature as the opposite side. This is set as the freeze option using the cool select zone option. There is a soft freeze option which freezes to -5 but then the freeze option is supposed to freeze to -19 same as the other side of the freezer. This is the 2nd replacement I’ve had within 4 weeks as the 1st one also had this problem. I have double checked the option is correct but just cannot get it to freeze the same as the other side. Any frozen food you put in that side just defrosts. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
CarlH
Options

Hi @Paulalfc78. Where did you purchase this fridge freezer from? Have you spoken to the retailer again to state the same issue is occurring on the replacement? 

0 Likes
Paulalfc78
First Poster
Options

I got one from one supplier and then the replacement from another as the original supplier couldn’t supply a replacement so I got the replacement from somewhere else but still have the same issue.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

It's quite odd that this has happened to both, @Paulalfc78. Is it situated in a well ventilated area? 

0 Likes
Paulalfc78
First Poster
Options

Yes, it’s in the kitchen now. I just can’t understand how 2 appliances have the same problem?. I thought it might have been a setting error but I’ve  checked again and again that it’s on the right setting and not the soft freeze option instead. I’m at a loss as to why it’s not working like it should.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Morning, @Paulalfc78. It might be best if an engineer inspected this. Send me a PM if you'd like to get this arranged. 

0 Likes
Jamie
Pioneer
Options

Hi Paulafc78

I know you are doing the right thing, but can you check to see if freezer icon is illuminated under cool select+ like below just not in yellow!

Freezer.JPG

If not then press and hold cool select for 3 seconds and then quickly press cool select+ button mutiple times until it is indicated.

Otherwise follwo CarlH's advice. Very strange to get 2 identical units behaving in this way.  

Paulalfc78
First Poster
Options

The engineer came today (the same one that came the first time). After taking a look at it, he said it was the same as before. Something is not allowing the freezer option on the bottom right hand side to freeze when setting the freeze option. The only way to get it to freeze would be to set the power freeze option then it would freeze but the engineer said it’s not a solution as the fridge freezer would use more energy and isn’t good long term. He changed the thermometer sensor but that’s made no difference. He seems to think there is something going on inside the control options which is stopping it from getting up to freezer temperature, whether that’s a software problem or something. They have never had this issue before on two same fridge freezers. I dont want another replacement or make as I chose this to go with my new kitchen. He said I need to persevere with it to try to get to the bottom of it. Surely not all of this models fridge freezers have this issue?. I will be getting back into the engineers tomorrow to try to get something else done with it.

0 Likes
MasukaH
Voyager
Options

Hi @Paulalfc78 

It's been a while! How have you got on, has this been resolved by one of our engineers? 

0 Likes
Paulalfc78
First Poster
Options

No, still no further forward this issue even though I’ve been told it’s been sent to the top for Samsung to look into urgently. I’ve somehow managed to get the other side to freeze but I don’t know how I’ve done that?!. Never had any contact from Samsung regarding the matter and the repair people have said there’s nothing more they can do until Samsung investigate the problem. I’ve had issues with my Samsung tumble drier also that needs replacing but I was given an option of 3 other models but I wanted a like for like swap but was told the o e I have is unavailable. Samsung would let me know when it was back in stock via text from the customer service team but I’ve never heard anything since despite chasing it. Not a very good company to deal with for customer service!.

0 Likes