Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Fridge Freezer RL55VQBRS (Poor Customer service)

(Topic created on: 11-04-2018 05:27 PM)
BenjaminHughes
Apprentice
Options

I'm so dissapointed with Samsung and the way they have delt with my issue, futhermore not replying to an email i sent over a week ago with no reply.

My fridge compartment stoped working not long ago, so i rung samsung and they said they would send out an engineer to diagnose the problem, the engineer came and took a look at the ice build up on the evaperator and basicly said there is no point fixing it and to basicly get a new fridge freezer as he couldn't really say what the problem was,

Paying £60 for a engineer, and be no closer to finding what the problem is, I paid over £900, 4 years ago for this fridge freezer and i did not exspect it to go wrong already, I have a family of 3 kids and a wife and cannot afford to replace this fridge freezer, The advice i was given on one phone call was toturn it off and leave it for 48 hours to defrost, to which i did but the ice build up came back and the fridge was warm again after 5 days,

Everything i own is pretty much samsung, To my tv, smart watch, phone, speaker system, av reciver, laptop, tablets ect,

this is the first time ive had to contact samsung for help and im left really dissapointed, 

I would like somone to contact me about this situation, and not be fobbed off for another 2 weeks, it's costing me a fortune to keep buying fresh food

9 REPLIES 9
BenjaminHughes
Apprentice
Options

So it's been a week, and no reply on the community forms, so I'm guessing it's Samsung custermer policy to ignore its most loyal customers, if anyone is thinking of buying an applience from Samsung let's this be a warning, you only have to do a quick search in this forums and Google to how poor they look after there customers once they have your money 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @BenjaminHughes

The Community is more of a place for Samsung users to share their experiences and know-how with each other rather than one to arrange quick contact.

I appreciate and understand your situation though.

Reading your post, it seems as though your fridge freezer is outside of the standard warranty period - hence the chargeable engineer visit. It's odd that the engineer wasn't able to determine what the issue was though. During your call to the Support team, did they advise you of any further next steps you could take?

BenjaminHughes
Apprentice
Options

Hi, @AntS

While i do understand this fourm is more for samsung users to express their experiences (to which i have done) I felt there was no resort as i felt i wasen't being taken seriously and my complaint was not being delt with, to which extent i have to thankyou for acually replying to me unlike your support staff through email.

To address the engineer issue, after looking at the fridge-freezer he said it could be one of many things and that replacing the parts one by one would be costly and it would be cheaper to replace, having taking to other custermers of yours experiencing engineer visits most of them had the same experience as mine, (engineer saying cheaper to replace) I wonder if there was a freedom of infomation request to see how many samsung fridge freezers got repaird out of warranty, and how many had to replace? (an avenue i am considering) 

After i wasen't happy with what was going on, having to replace our family fridge-freezer after only 4 years of use, and a engineer who couldn't diagnose the problem without costing me a fortune is unexceptable,

I called your support center once again, and once i fianlly got the call handeler to realise my situation and what was going on, they told me to email support with my situation and my complaint, I did as was requested but no one got back to me hence my frustrated post on here, 

I just hope people see this and understand if you buy a fridge-freezer from samsung out of warranty and do have a complaint or grievence you will be ignored and out of pocket,

Now this is not a personal dig at yourself but as a long time samsung user and supporter im now left dissapointed and shamed to see such a grand company going down the pan

Regards 

Benjamin

0 Likes
BenjaminHughes
Apprentice
Options
I have replied
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hopefully, I should be able to see what's going on with your case @BenjaminHughes. Can you send me a PM with your customer reference number, email address and contact phone number?

0 Likes
Andy2019
First Poster
Options

Hi

I have had similar issue with Samsung, but with a washing maching that was only 12 months old, engineer came out from Samsung, but could not fix machine so wrote off/scrapped the washing machine, we made a complaint to Samsung over 3 weeks ago but still awaiting a call back from Samsung Customer Services about the issue i have.

The service that Samsung off is more than terriable its what id describe as a rip off in that they sell products but there is NO after sales service from them.

0 Likes
Nathanx
Journeyman
Options

I thought all Samsung washers had 2 or 5 year warranty?

0 Likes
Andy2019
First Poster
Options

They do have a 2 year warranty but trying to get Samsung to sort out the issues is the worst thing ever

0 Likes
FaultyFridge-heathha
First Poster
Options

Exactly same issue. Mine is making terrible and unbearable noise and not able to sleep from last 5 days. There has been several complaints filed against Samsung freezer issue. My head is bursting, house is shivering with the noise and its sleepless. Samsung does not seem to take any responsibility with poor customer service.. they should learn how to prioritize critical issues vs non critical issues

0 Likes