Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ecobubble keeps extending washing program time (e.g from 1:09 --> 2:45)

(Topic created on: 16-05-2020 08:42 AM)
PM_Helsinki
Apprentice
Options

Our new 9 kg Ecobubble washing machine may start the washing program (40c, 3 rinses) showing the washing time to be 1:09.

After some fifiteen minutes of use, the remaining washing time jumps to three hours. 

The local service team has not been able to figure out why this happens. This time-tripling happens on about one out of three times. Any tips?

47 REPLIES 47
PM_Helsinki
Apprentice
Options

My story was quite the same. A few reapir rounds - and a claim that "the product is planned to tripple the washing times when so needed". Well, my once kept office shrits certainly do not need 4-hour washing when 40 minutes would be adequate. The dual drum, combined with neverending whashing cycles have destroyed a number of my shirts and other clothing of the family. The loss in ruined clothes become higher than the value of the washer. 

Samsung washer is dumped. I bought another brand wahser. I suggest you to do the same.  

0 Likes
frustrated3
Explorer
Options

Hi all who are following the fundamental issues with Eco bubble machines - if you are new on here don't buy one.  For those in the UK I have just contacted Watch Dog on the BBC to see if they will take up our fight as Samsung are not wanting to play fair.   For me it is one wash a day (when I am washing) as there are simply not enough hours in the day to accommodate Samsung timings.   Oh and when the machine is on I squash myself onto the wall when I am passing it so the heat or wind off my body doesn't switch it off, what a rediculous way to live.   Feel free if you want to contact them too, the more the merrier. 

0 Likes
frustrated3
Explorer
Options

not sure why it comes up with I am a new poster, it has obviously forgotton this

For anyone reading this and deliberating over what machine to buy, stay clear of Samsung Eco bubble 9kg.    Cost over £600 and not even lasted a year.  I really wish I had stuck with Bosch - had the last machine for 20 years and never needed to fix it until the brushes eventually died.  Samsung service centre not open on a Saturday - as it is the weekend!  Even bank call centre open at the weekend.   I called last weekend and was fobbed off with it was my fault the machine didn't work.  I sat with a hose pipe to drain it, and emptied 'all the cloths from my 9kg machine, and then washed a tea towel.  It worked. Then put in a wash today (barely half full), and switches off, hey it much be finished, ..... don't be silly, the clothes are soaking it hasn't spun.  I empty the machine of clothes and try the programme drain and spin.  Nothing except DC error.  I switch off the machine and turn it back on.  DC error. I leave for 10 mins, DC error.  I try a cotton wash - still no clothes in the machine - DC error.  Open and close the door, - DC error.  

I call samsung, steam now coming out my ears (not the washing machine as it doens't work).  I have to accept their engineer charges if I am found to have abused the machine!! (I will with a hammer).  I will get a call within the next 7 days.  So I have taken a video to show it doesn't work even with no cloths in it and  no water in it.  The door is closed and the small gimmick door (waste of time) is closed and still DC error.  And the bloody jingles, I won't be listening to them for the next 20 years.  It is destined for the bin.

Reading the threads on here I am not the only one with this problem.  Shame on Samsung for producing products not fit for use, going back for quite a number of years. (oh and I won't lean my leg into it to close the door), and for blaming the customer for obviously doing something wrong - What... washing clothes in a washing machine?

So, cup of tea in hand, lets start - Google search for bosch washing machines

0 Likes
Mim2c
First Poster
Options

Omg the sensitivity of the OB off button is ridiculous. I can't even be near it. I bought it also because said had child lock function... the child lock function only stops the dial from changing but Munson can turn it off and on mod wash.. super frustrating when the wash takes so long and you have to start again uuurrrhhh!

0 Likes
Reeta
First Poster
Options
my machine on any setting except daily wash seems to take four hours then I cancel it by switching off. it has been like this since purchase and couldn't understand why it takes so long so I only use one setting now.
0 Likes
AM_Helsinki
Explorer
Options

Reeta, Samsung is passing non-ready products out to the markets.

It would be acceptable if a washing machine would add the washing time by 10% when it senses more laundry (and it being more dirty). However, now Samsung washing machine may increase the washing time by 300%. Even the machine is not full. Even the laundry is clean. See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWX-9ovKsjw.  

Instead of washing three sets of laundry after the office day, you only can wash - possibly - one set. One never knows beforehand. Really annoying. 

Not only the extended washing impacts to your personal time usage, this unnecessary extra processing consumes materials and wares out the clothing.

I made the mistake of not acting fast enough so that the retailer would have accepted return of my Samsung washer.

Once more: Samsung EcoBubble has SW bug. I strongly suggest you to contact your dealer and negotiate a return of the product and switch to some other brand washing machine if you value your time and your clothing.

0 Likes
frustrated3
Explorer
Options

There is only one answer.  Samsung are getting away with selling products which are not fit for purpose and haven'e been fully tested.   

0 Likes
frustrated3
Explorer
Options

Its a blooming awful machine.  Rather than trying to agree the return, tell the world not to buy one of these awful machines. 

9963dave
First Poster
Options
My eco bubble has had a new drum fitted. old one broke within two years. Now I'm getting an SUD error code. not changed my washing powder in two years.
it's also jumping from 1.04 to 3 hrs. Then sticks around the 12 min mark for ages. put the was on nearly 4hrs ago now.
0 Likes
Members_3Vw9YB3
First Poster
Options

Hi there, this is still happening and its been 2 years since your original post, although I see this post has been ongoing and people were reporting this in 12/2020. I have just bought a Samsung Ecobubble Series 5 WW90TA046AX/EU and found that no matter the size of the load the Cotton Cycle just randomly changes from 1hr 27m to 3hr 20m with no reason. This happened with a full load including a couple of towels so heavier items, but it also happened with some shirts, blouses and underwear. Utterly bizarre and incredibly frustrating. You put it in and it shows as 1hr 27m. You come back after 1.5hrs and its showing 2hr+ left to go. How can anyone arrange their day when you have no idea when the laundry will finish! I think I am lucky to get agreement on a return as Samsung werent interest and insisted this "feature" is intended and is what people want. I've had agreement from Currys in the UK to return and refund, but wondered if all the newer models of Washing Machine do this or if there are decent models out there that dont have this fabulous "feature" (sarcastic) if anyone can point me to washing machines which definitely do not change the wash time mid-cycle I would be very grateful. 

0 Likes