Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ecobubble keeps extending washing program time (e.g from 1:09 --> 2:45)

(Topic created on: 22-02-2020 05:35 PM)
PM_Helsinki
Apprentice
Options

Our new 9 kg Ecobubble washing machine may start the washing program (40c, 3 rinses) showing the washing time to be 1:09.

After some fifiteen minutes of use, the remaining washing time jumps to three hours. 

The local service team has not been able to figure out why this happens. This time-tripling happens on about one out of three times. Any tips?

47 REPLIES 47
frustrated3
Explorer
Options

mine does the same.  Another reason why it is going in the bin. 

0 Likes
frustrated3
Explorer
Options

mine sounds the same - the jingles drive you nuts, and that this the switched off!  Another reason why it is going in the bin, (DC error code, jingles, rediculous extended time for washing 1 hr to 3 hr)

frustrated3
Explorer
Options

could not agree more!  

frustrated3
Explorer
Options

oh my goodness, it just looks like you have taken a picture of my washing!  (when it worked that is!)

0 Likes
RJuk
Journeyman
Options

Hm. I just experienced this today. I have a Samsung 9kg qDrive Ecobubble bought summer 2018. I ran the following cycle with maybe 5-6kg:
40c cotton cycle with ecobubbles 

3 rinses

1400 spin

The display said 1:48, which is expected with ecobubbles. As always, it weighs the load before washing and normally it will adjust the time down, but it remained at 1:48, which made sense because it was a bigger load than normal.

So washer started at 6:55pm. At 9pm I wondered why I hadn't received notification that it was done. I checked the app and there was still 1:24 remaining!!! No idea what's happened, it was still on the wash cycle. I stopped the cycle, ran spin + drain, and then a separate rinse cycle to finish. will monitor going forward to see if it keeps happening. Jesus. Thought it was a premium brand for that price.

McNamee
First Poster
Options

Mine doing the same. Going to try the reset, but at this price why should I faff with resetting

0 Likes
AM_Helsinki
Explorer
Options

Reseting / booting / 're-calbraitong' the washer does not help.

Samsung has let out to the markets a prodcut that was not ready. And we, consumers, unfortunately pay the high price.

0 Likes
AM_Helsinki
Explorer
Options

Re-balnacing did not solve my issue. 
For the firs machine the repari guy did that. No help.

Then they replaced the 'brains' (ie the program card) - and again did the re-balancing with the new card. Did not help.
Then they replaced the whole waserh.  Re-balancing was done twice. No help. 

Ecobubble top-line washeres have SW bug(s) with ridiculous 'fixing instructions'. The only fix would have been to do proper testing to the product prior luauhcing it to the markets.  I paid 1200€ of the washer, spent hours of time with the repair circus, tossed +1000€ worth of damaged clohting ...  

As Samsung is not carrying their responsibility of the faulty prodcut, my only advice is: do not buy Samsung washers.

vule
Student
Options
f you like to try once more, follow these instructions: make sure that washer is on leveled surface, put 2/3 of DRY clothes, power on, hold Delay+ and Temp buttons for 3 sec, Cb should appear on display. Press start button for 3 sec, calibration should start, you will see drum spinning cw and ccw couple of times ( yes, with dry clothes 2/3 drum capacity inside, no matter manual says empty ). When done, zero should be displayed. Power off, take all out and repeat same steps, this time empty drum. After second calibration finished, load washer and test.
My guess that calibration parameters somehow got corrupted, and even when you do it couple of times with empty drum, it keeps old values. Doing calibration with 2/3 drum loaded will change those parameters, and after you again do cal with empty drum , all is fine. I have tested on mine, which have same problem.
Nevertheless, Samsung should correct it with new firmware, but...
Good luck !
SteveDH
Apprentice
Options

We were persuaded to buy the Ecobubble on the basis of it being an "Eco friendly"machine with a large load (9kg). So far it has been awful. Continually goes into a never ending loop (4 hrs+) and we have to end it by switching the power off. Raised issues with Samsung (only able to use echat) but they simply kept saying to follow their troubleshooter on their webpage. Eventually they sent an engineer who said that the pcb had to be changed but problem continued so second repair man arrived and found that the pressure chamber was blocked which he cleared but problem continued with next wash. Repair engineer did calibration both times. Have now written to Samsung executive office in Chertsey to get action on reliable replacement or refund. The repair team suggested that this issue is part of the inherent machine design (to save wear on bearings etc) if so then this product is not "fit for purpose" contrary to the UK Consumer Protection legislation