Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eco Bubble triples the program time ... why?

(Topic created on: 20-08-2019 08:35 AM)
AM_Helsinki
Explorer
Options

This 10 second video shows the case with a brand new machine: washing times jumps from 1h to 3h - why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWX-9ovKsjw&feature=youtu.be 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @AM_Helsinki 

Let's see if we can figure this out for you. Could we take the full model code of the Washing Machine please? You can find this on a label on the inside of the door.

0 Likes
AM_Helsinki
Explorer
Options

Model = WW90M760NOA/EE

Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 21.00.13.png

0 Likes
AM_Helsinki
Explorer
Options
I know other cases in Finland where this same misbehaviour happens with brand new WW90M760NOA/EE Eco-Bubble washing machines. Is this a software bug?
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @AM_Helsinki 

We've just been having a look at the troubleshooting steps in the user manual and it does state that the usual cause of this is as follows:

"The wash time may increase if an unbalance is detected with the load, the machine will automatically try to balance the load. This process may extend the wash program time. Press the Start/Pause button and then check the laundry status. Spread the laundry evenly and perform the course again".

Could this be the case with your machine?

0 Likes
AM_Helsinki
Explorer
Options
No, the amount of laundry ('unbalance') is not causing the misbehaviour. This faulty situation happens randomly, but apparently only with a certain wash program(s) (300% time increase does not seem to happen with all programs).

As a consumer, I can accept that 'washer brains' extend the washing time by say 10% when the sensors detect the water to contain more dirt parcels. So, extending 1h program to 1h10 minutes would be perfectly OK.

But now the EcoBubble washing machine extends the washing time by 300%, and it can happen at any time of the washing cycle. That is, a 1h program may end up being 3h35 minutes program.

This misbehaviour boosted with the dual-spinning-drum causes unnecessary heavy processing - which already has led my business shirts' collars being worn out, and some thinner clothes being shredded in the washing process.

From my perspective, Samsung EcoBubble new washing machines (9 and 10 kg) have a SW bug. Samsung has let non-mature product to the market and now we - consumers - are paying the price of this.

Please, advice: what can I do? I know three brand new EcoBubble washing machines in Helsinki area, who have this same issue.
0 Likes