Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECOBUBBLE ADDING LIQUID DETERGENT.

(Topic created on: 24-10-2019 03:07 PM)
Luke1066
Student
Options

We have just bought, a new Samsung washing machine Ecobubble WW80J55555FW. Can you place A ball containing detergent inside the drum? This was how I did this on my last machine. Instructions say add diluted detergent into the drawer, instead of inside the machine. Currently use concentrated liquid?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options
@Luke1066: This should be fine as long as the detergent ball is designed to be used in domestic machines. To be sure I recommend following the detergent manufacturers guidelines for further clarification.
0 Likes
dorsetaj
First Poster
Options

We are in the same situation, I prefer to use liquid detergent and for the machine to run overnight on off peak power.  The problem is that as soon as the delay is set then the drum turns a couple of times and so would leave neat detergent on the clothes for several hours.  Adding the liquid to the dispenser drawer (even using the special blue insert for liquids) is pointless as the liquid seeps past it immediately and into the drum.   So how can I use this machine with a delay and with liquid detergents?

0 Likes
Luke1066
Student
Options

Hello Dorsetaj,

We also noticed the drum turn a couple of revolutions then stop. Appears no way around this happening! As you say, "would leave neat detergent on the clothes for several hours"  as well as a few areas, on garments.  Like you the machine is filled with items awaiting washing, then started later. 

It is now impossible, delaying the start with any liquid detergent. in order avoiding this.

Also machine cycle time is hard to find on each setting, as the manual only shows a couple.

To date Samsung have not responded to our request for information on either time or the liquid detergent problem.

If we recieve an answer from Samsung, we will let you know as well.

0 Likes
dorsetaj
First Poster
Options

Had a good idea last night which is to place a small plastic box measuring about 5cm by 10cm in the left hand dispenser tray .  You then put your liquid detergent in the box and close the drawer.  When the cycle starts several hours later the liquid is washed out of the box and into the machine as normal.   At the end the box has some very dilute liquid in it which you tip out.    Will be trying this tonight.

0 Likes
dorsetaj
First Poster
Options

Another thought is that perhaps it doesn't matter.   We are adding say 50ml of detergent liquid to the tray which slowly drains into the machine.  It wont actually come into contact with the clothes as it will be in the bottom of the tub surrounding the drum waiting for when the the machine starts and the rest of the water comes in.

0 Likes
Mikestars
Apprentice
Options

If you pay attention, every wash cycle starts with activating the water pump, probably in order to dump some old water left in the drum. Assuming the detergent reaches the bottom of the drum probably when the wash cycle starts it is simply thrown out by the water pump. This is all absurd. I can't believe no one at Samsung has noticed this problem. There should be an option for some kind of programmer update. If I could or knew about it earlier I would have returned the washing machine.

0 Likes
Mikestars
Apprentice
Options

My solution to the problem is to load the drum, select the program and wait for the initial spin of the laundry to be weighed to finish. Then you press the pause button, open the door and add the ball of liquid detergent to the laundry. You close the door and press pause again to continue the delay start cycle.

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Mikestars wrote:

If you pay attention, every wash cycle starts with activating the water pump, probably in order to dump some old water left in the drum. Assuming the detergent reaches the bottom of the drum probably when the wash cycle starts it is simply thrown out by the water pump. This is all absurd. I can't believe no one at Samsung has noticed this problem. There should be an option for some kind of programmer update. If I could or knew about it earlier I would have returned the washing machine.

I have owned all Hotpoint and Indesit Washing Machines before this Samsung one I have now , and I think for that exact reason Hotpoint included a plastic float in the sump hose before the pump about the size and shape and look of a white plastic ping pong ball for that very reason so that it floats to the top of the outer drum of the machine and blocks the sump hose so that any liquid you put in does not drain straight away like that. - when I have had the bottom of my Samsung Machine off and squeezed the bottom black sump drain hose and could not feel a ping pong ball in there , so it doesnt look like they use the same kind of system, so yes indeed it does look like you could put liquid in and then it could go straight into the sump hose then be pumped out ...... however on the other side of that my Samsung is autodose washing machine so in that case it will work in this order:

1. empty out/pump out remaining dirty water from sump 
2. stop the pump out and start filling with water
3. Start adding/pumping into the drum the correct amount of washing detergent liquid

0 Likes