Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blinking red key on Samsung WF906U4SAWQ

(Topic created on: 20-04-2019 07:03 AM)
Checho_85
First Poster
Options

What does this blinking key means? It is there and blinking no matter if it works or not .

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
CarlH
Options

Hi @Checho_85 . Can you send a picture of this? It sounds like it could be the child lock feature. 

0 Likes
Checho_85
First Poster
Options

Here is a pic: https://photos.app.goo.gl/uN1NwSp9LFcTpxaRA

At the pic the machine is not working and is open. I dont think it is child lock as it's icon is different and I tried that already.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Checho_85 

If you see a key indicator rather than a lock,  this means that the door is locked. This may be because the child lock is on but may also be because the cycle is not finished or the machine has detected an error. 

Note that after some cycles, the machine and laundry will be hot when the cycle ends, and the machine will only unlock after it has cooled down for safety reasons.

Does the machine display any error message?

0 Likes
Checho_85
First Poster
Options

As I mentioned, the machine is empty and sitting likev this for hours with open door, so it is not locked. No errors.

0 Likes
GrahamD
Apprentice
Options
Same on my Ecobubble 8Kg machine its annoying
Why does it flash all the time even when the machine is idle door open or closed can still use the machine it just annoying
And Samsung Tech Publishing some of us want a manual that fully describes all icons even if we do not interact with the function as an end user. And No error messages here either.
Rmatosaw
Student
Options
Yes, agree.

It happened the same for me.
Diffence is THE DOOR DOESN'T UNLOCK and Red light remains blinking.

It is a new one. Only 3 days using.
0 Likes
GrahamD
Apprentice
Options
Sorry to hear about your machine when they work they seem to be a good machine
Blinking key it turns out means a maintenance issue in my case my machine was tripping my house electricity when it got bad up until then the light was flashing but I could still use the machine.
I had to replace the heater element as it was electrically leaking earth to live an neutral. Did it myself as was out of warranty.
GrahamD
Apprentice
Options
Also found this on the Samsung site for your issue as I expect you know the child lock is not on they seem to think people are daft.

For front load models, drain the emergency hose.
Front load models will lock the door while water is detected inside the washer to prevent it from spilling onto your floor. The emergency drain hose is located by the pump filter (also called a debris filter). Some older front load models do not have a pump filter or an emergency drain hose.

The steps for draining the emergency drain hose can be found in our guide on cleaning the pump filter.

When the emergency drain hose no longer has any water coming out, turn the washer off and back on again. This time the door should unlock.
0 Likes
Rmatosaw
Student
Options
Hi Graham
Thanks for your replies.
I've tested all the possibilities including drain and reboot.
I had called Samsung support. They looked at the machine remotely (nice system), they realized that my machine doesn't have any way to unlock the door in emergency (it was expected to have some stuff near the filter).
Your tip related to the power supply is the best clue I've read/heard. Many thanks.
0 Likes