Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

American style fridge freezer trips electric

(Topic created on: 01-07-2019 11:48 PM)
ziggy123
First Poster
Options

Model: RS7567BHCSP

Every now and then the fridge/freezer goes quiet as though it isn't on and then trips the electric. The tripping can happen many times, going every 5 minutes. This happens every 8 weeks or so. Only had the fridge/freezer from new for 2 years.

Any advice

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AntS
Options

Hi @ziggy123.

Have you noticed any ice/frost build-up behind any of the drawers? A defrost heater not working may account for that and the tripping.

However, it's best to get the fridge-freezer checked out by an engineer. What date did you purchase it on? And have you contacted the Home Appliance Support team (UK, Éire)?

0 Likes
evansp
Student
Options

Hello...did you get anywhere with this issue? I have the same problem,

Thanks.

Vickijay007
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing exactly the same problem....fid you get any further?

Solution
evansp
Student
Options

Hey! I don't have the Model number or part numbers to hand as it was some time ago...

Basically I had the fridge for about 4 months...

The kitchen circuit kept tripping so we had an enginer that came out and proved it was the fridge freezer. I couldn't believe it! We only had it 4 months!

So we called Samsung and they were really good. They sent out an engineer who found the fault which was a blown element.

My advice is don't waste any time...get on the phone to Samsung straight away (assuming the fridge is still under warranty).

FlorieJoy
Samsung Helper
Options
Good advise, glad you have now sorted it.