Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American fridge freezer model RSA1RTPN c fan fault code problem

(Topic created on: 11-10-2019 04:41 PM)
John3377
Journeyman
Options

Hi, my fridge freezer recently developed a fault code, first the display flashed and temperature dropped in both sides, then the display flashed a single dot, which I researched as a c fan error. I checked the fan and it's not faulty but does not kick in to cool the compressor. An engineer has advised me it's the pcb board but there are a few of them and I want to make sure I'm replacing the correct one and that there is nothing else I should check before replacing it. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Usually PCB series has an info code to identify easy for the technician, when the technical dismound the PCB, they will can to observate if it is the correct or will need an especial band or diferent type, but if you bought the device in your country and you are speaking with Technical Service there, I think will be the repository correct for you and the perfect solution for the freezer.

I had same problem with my Whirlpool freezen last year and the fan control set too once time more :four-leaf-clover:

0 Likes
John3377
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply. I can source the various pcb boards but was wondering if anyone knew which would control signal to turn the c fan on.

RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Really all the PCB are circuits to control something, in this case the main central PCB with the microcotroller has the autority to management all the rest of compound of the Freeze. There are a lot of PCB circuits along of it.

In this case was the main central circuit who derive current to other places or circuits too for the management of all inside :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Give up all information about your freezer to the technical, he will know how to do about :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
John3377
Journeyman
Options

thanks again for your reply and advise. So could I just check, it's the main pcb board that needs replacing not the inverter pcb board. Appreciate your help with this matter.

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

When somebody order a PCB, it one have a relationship with devices availables, then mechanic can test your serial device model to be sure than new PCB will adjust to the requeriments. For example I work in this form :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Take a picture of all the model plate and send to the mechanic, it will help to choose :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

And official distributor or mechanical service Samsung will know the model and  origin :four-leaf-clover:

0 Likes