Support

Open search

smart switch not transferring photos

First Poster

Hi everyone,

I just made a switch from iPhone 6 to S9.

Like others, I also went ahead to transfer my data to S9 through smart switch. However, I noticed following problems. I would appreciate the help.

1) My pictures were not transferred.

2) The Reminders in my iPhone were saved on my Calendar rather than the dedicated app on S9.

3) My notes in my iPhone were not copied at all.

Is there any way out for this? If not, would the app, SHAREIt, help ?

Thanks .. :-)

12 REPLIES 12
DannyT Moderator
Hi there, @Sid2018. Are you using Smart Switch on your PC or only your phone?

Let's start with pictures. We're these pictures saved to your phone or SD card? Does Smart Switch show the photos as copying?

Regarding reminders, have you tried syncing the Calendar? You can find out more on this here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-and-manage-the-sync-calendar-features....

Finally, regarding your notes? Are these saved onto a specific app? If so, which app?

MCU.jpg

Welcome to the Community! :smileyhappy:

First Poster

Hi Danny,

Thanks for replying.

I am using Smart Switch for a phone-to-phone transfer.

The images were intended to be saved only my device and I haven't installed SD card yet. At the time of copying also, the app was reading only about 18 of my images as opposed to approx. 2000.

As for the reminders, the ones in my iPhone have indeed been saved in my calendar on my S9. However, I was wondering if, on my S9 as well, they can be saved in the Reminder app.

Further, the Notes on my previous device have not been copies at all.

I have noticed another issue with Messages just now. To prevent my images from being sent across to anyone (in light of the recent bug), I denied access to my storage but, when done, it wouldn't launch the Messenger in the first place ! Is it supposed to be this way or is there a way out ?

Thanks

Highlighted
Explorer

If you want to transfer photos from iPhone 6 to S9, you can try phone transfer program directly. After connecting iPhone 6 and S9 to computer via usb cables, start the program. A short time scanning later, you can transfer photos from iPhone 6 to S9 directly. 

First Poster

Thank you Sandy .. :-)

Apprentice

Since iPhone 6 runs iOS and Samsung Galaxy S9 runs Android OS, to transfer contacts from iPhone 6 to S9, you have to draw support from iPhone to Samsung Transfer, which is a third-party phone to phone transfer program to help you transfer not only contacts, but also text messages, photos, music, videos, apps, documents, etc. from iPhone 6 to Samsung Galaxy S9. What is more, this phone to phone transfer program supports you to backup your phone data to computer, and restore data back to your phone with one click. Simply connect, choose the files and transfer will begin at once.

Apprentice

Since Samsung phone has different operating system comparing with iPhone's OS, it is believed that it is easier to transfer data from Android to Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ than transferring data from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus. And also you can't directly sync data between iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus with USB cable or Bluetooth as well, which makes it harder to complete the goal. However, you can make it easier as long as you have the third-party iPhone to Samsung Data Transfer tool - Phone to Phone Transfer (Windows/Mac).

The Phone to Phone Transfer software, can be also regarded as the iPhone to Samsung Data Transfer, is designed to help users to transfer data between two phones, Android or Apple phone. Of course, this program enables you to directly transfer data from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus as well.

Apprentice

@Sid2018 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I just made a switch from iPhone 6 to S9.

Like others, I also went ahead to transfer my data to S9 through smart switch. However, I noticed following problems. I would appreciate the help. Pinterest Tumblr imo

1) My pictures were not transferred.

2) The Reminders in my iPhone were saved on my Calendar rather than the dedicated app on S9.

3) My notes in my iPhone were not copied at all.

Is there any way out for this? If not, would the app, SHAREIt, help ?

Thanks .. :-)

On the off chance that you need to exchange photographs from iPhone 6 to S9, you can attempt telephone exchange program straightforwardly. In the wake of interfacing iPhone 6 and S9 to PC by means of usb links, begin the program. A brief timeframe examining later, you can exchange photographs from iPhone 6 to S9 specifically.

First Poster

Thank you Emily. Will certainly try this out .. :-)

First Poster
Thank you very much Cecilia. Really appreciate that .. Will try it out .. :-)
Top Liked Authors