Support

Open search

samsung S9 keyboard working weird

AntS Moderator

Hi all.

We pitched this mystery at our developers. From the info given, they've positively identified that keyboard layout concept as being intended for the Chinese market - which strongly points towards the device and/or software being intended for customers in China. Without log files to check the software binary, they're unable to 100% confirm the device or software's market origin though. (If anyone out there who's experienced the same keyboard weirdness wants to send some log files, they can do so via the error reporting feature in the Samsung Members app.)

However, it would explain why Samsung Support in Canada or us in the UK weren't able to replicate the issue or resolve; and why the OP's keyboard reset reverted the language to Chinese.

Community_Sig_S10_02s_f.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

View solution in original post

Did you find a solution? Just bought 2 brand new Samsung s10 and my phone has the same thing. But my partners' doesn't. 

Highlighted
AntS Moderator

Hi @Kevan07 , 

If you’ve got the same keyboard layout as  ayeshasohail101, then highly likely that your S10 was intended for the Chinese market. There isn't a fix for that, so I'd advise getting in touch with the retailer to arrange an exchange for an S10 that was intended for the country you're based in. 

Community_Sig_S10_02s_f.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Top Liked Authors