Support

Open search

"Pie update"

Highlighted
Observer

I love Samsungs phones always got them, my problem is why did you change the looks of the apps to look like a kids phone🤔 I mean some of it I can stand, cant swipe to reply quick to texts anymore, ruined the camera app, was better when you could just swipe the apps to close them, when I open my messages it takes up half the screen saying messages as if I didnt know🤦‍♂️ always gotta swipe it up its annoying. I honestly hate it, should atleast make it so you can switch back to the "theme" or set up before this update so I dont feel like I have a child's cheap phone🤔

2 REPLIES 2
Navigator

@Nickf wrote:

I love Samsungs phones always got them, my problem is why did you change the looks of the apps to look like a kids phone🤔 I mean some of it I can stand, cant swipe to reply quick to texts anymore, ruined the camera app, was better when you could just swipe the apps to close them, when I open my messages it takes up half the screen saying messages as if I didnt know🤦‍♂️ always gotta swipe it up its annoying. I honestly hate it, should atleast make it so you can switch back to the "theme" or set up before this update so I dont feel like I have a child's cheap phone🤔

XDA S9 Section if you wanna downgrade no theme will help only way is flash your phone with Oero 8.1 witch rocks PIE 9 ONE UI Sucks!!!

Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F
Galaxy Gear Frontier Gear S3 SM-R760
Explorer

@Nickf wrote:

I love Samsungs phones always got them, my problem is why did you change the looks of the apps to look like a kids phone🤔

THANK YOU. I mean, funny you should say kids phone - every time I've had to handle an iPhone (since about the 3G model), temporary replacement or someone else's, I've had this exact same thought: it's like a phone stuck in permanent Kids Mode. From the way it looks to the way it works, everything about it makes me feel restricted as if I was stupid and couldn't handle a full-fledged device. It's the main reason why I prefer Android too, because with that, I don't have this feeling.

One UI though? Sure as hell moved in that direction, and I started to have this exact same feeling about it myself. Perhaps not fully there yet, but it's taken great strides. Which is simply unfortunate.

Top Liked Authors