Support

Open search

offline internet

My  S9plus says it is offline even though data roaming is on. Any ideas as to why it won't connect with the internet?

17 REPLIES
Highlighted
Explorer

@sannox7wrote:

My  S9plus says it is offline even though data roaming is on. Any ideas as to why it won't connect with the Internet?

Can you provide a screenshot, Possibility this is a network issue.

Have you tried connecting to a Wifi Connection? 

Apprentice

Been having this issue on and off since purchase.

One minute I'm messing around reading news stories and what it,and hect thing there is no internet connection.

I have tried other apps and also run the speediest app to see if anything connects but nothing.

To troubleshoot I have cycled through two different wifi networks at work, and mobile data without success.

Next I've gone in and back out of airplane mode - no luck.

Finally a restart.

The restart works everytime.

I received the latest update this morning so hopefully that helps 

Explorer

@Digitalcorporalwrote:

Been having this issue on and off since purchase.

One minute I'm messing around reading news stories and what it,and hect thing there is no internet connection.

I have tried other apps and also run the speediest app to see if anything connects but nothing.

To troubleshoot I have cycled through two different wifi networks at work, and mobile data without success.

Next I've gone in and back out of airplane mode - no luck.

Finally a restart.

The restart works everytime.

I received the latest update this morning so hopefully that helps 

If that dosent help then please let us know, See if we can provide any further Trouble shooting

to try and resolve the issue for you. 

First Poster

Hey,

Did you have any luck fixing this issue? 

I started having this exact same problem a week ago. Not sure what the problem is. Did a factory reset resolve this? Thanks for any updates!

Apprentice

Not really had any luck. A factory reset seemed to have helped, but every once and a while I will get a blast of notifications at once as it suddenly comes to life and messages sent to me hours ago show up.

And at times if I send a message on messenger 9r whatsapp's etc,they just will not send until I restart the phone after I send them.

At this point I am convinced it is a hardware issue.

I now have the same Problem. My Phone says i m offline but all Option for the Internet are turned on

First Poster

I am from India. Same issue on S9 256gb when connected to 4g Mobile data. The data tower is full, but no internet connection. I had to restart my device when this issue occur. This issue happened after I updated to G960FXXS1ARD1 version. The same issue persists after the most recent update G960FXXU1BRF8. 

My previous S7 did not have such kind of issue.

First Poster

I have the same problem,  mobile internet turns off every 2nd minute or so, very annoying, need to go to flight mode and then back, how to fix or how can I give phone back?

Explorer

Your phone cant connect automatically from wifi to 4g.Its an issue that ss9 has and no one bothers fixing it....its because of the last update.See my posts for more info.

Top Liked Authors