Support

Open search

crack screen s9

First Poster

every Samsung phone I've had screen cracks very easy why don't they at least and it common reference to make it drop proof last thing we want is a case to make them like a house brick. i have cracked screens on the

s6 edge 

s7 edge twice cracked a week after repair I was sat down wen came out my pocket. 

s8   my current phone and yes it's cracked also.      cheaper the phone more resistant they are. i won't be upgrading again. all my phone's were pay and go btw. 

be warned CRACK SCREEN to easy to-do.

3 REPLIES 3
Superuser I
Superuser I

Sadly any mobile phone screen has the ability to crack if the phone falls awkwardly or at an angle and depending on height of drop and the type of floor it hits ie uneven surfaces or with stones / pebbles. 

With the phone having curved display edges this can be a weak point. 

Personally I also do not like big cases but their are options. 

For example on my s8 I use a Rhinoshield Crashguard Bumper with a dbrand Black Dragon Back Skin with a Samsung screen protector on the front. 

This adds minimal extra dimensions and little weight to the phone. 

There has yet a phone to be made by any manufacturer that claims the screen will not break if dropped.  

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

The glass is slightly cracked on my s5 but the screen is fine can you get the glass repaired do you know?

Superuser I
Superuser I

@DonRukzi 

Yes just pop in to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre and they'll assess your phone and provide a costing.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors