Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi turning off by itself

(Topic created on: 24-10-2019 11:19 AM)
cinnamon009
Student
Options

Hi, I have an issue with my S9+ where the wifi keeps turning itself off. If I don't notice then I don't remember to turn it back on and I have used all my data this month now due to this problem. I have checked all my settings and nothing jumps out as being incorrect. The setting which turned it off whilst asleep is no longer there. I have it set to turn on automatically for frequently used wifi so it should connect anyway but it isn't. Any clues? 

40 REPLIES 40
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @cinnamon009

Do you have Battery saver turned on? It might be disconnecting to conserve battery. Check this in Settings > Device maintenance > Battery.

Also, is this happening with your home Wi-Fi or somewhere else?
0 Likes
cinnamon009
Student
Options

No I don't have battery saver turned on. It happens at home and at work that I have noticed so far.  They are the main two wifi networks I use  

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Cheers for confirming. Can you check if the phone's Software is up to date?

Then, go in to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Select the network > Forget.

Connect to it again after 5-10 mins and monitor the phone for the same issue.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if you've already tried these steps, let me know and we can jump over to the next steps.

0 Likes
cwatson390
First Poster
Options

Im having the same issue since the newest update. But it also seems to be affecting my printing capabilities. SmartSelect_20191106-105618_Software update.jpg

Jimbacca
Student
Options

You are correct. It started turning itself off after the last security update about a couple weeks ago. It is also happening our other S9.

S9User2
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same issue with my S9 since the update as well. Used a significant amount of data before I realized this was happening. How do I stop the WiFi from turning on and off?
SteveOx
Student
Options

I am having the same issue with my 3 Samsung Galaxy S9+ phones. I am an IT professional and I tried everything without any luck. Seems to turn of the WiFi by itself only when I am using an app that needs a fair amount of data! Sometimes I get a pop-up to allow others apps to turn it back on!!! Since I can't rollback the update, I told everyone on my plan to turn OFF mobile data. YOU NEED TO FIX THIS ASAP.

Mrlaugh
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. Spent an entire weekend on mobile data while at home burning through 65% of my mobile data in the first five days of the billing cycle. I don't always notice the notification at the bottom of the screen that says WiFi disconnected.

The only solution I have so far is to turn mobile data off, which is very annoying.

SteveOx
Student
Options

I am having the same issue with my 3 Samsung Galaxy S9+ phones. I am an IT professional and I tried everything without any luck. Seems to turn of the WiFi by itself only when I am using an app that needs a fair amount of data! Sometimes I get a pop-up to allow others apps to turn it back on!!!  (see attached screenprint, I have an Xfinity mobile plan).

Since I can't rollback the Samsung phone update, I told everyone on my phone plan to turn OFF mobile data. YOU NEED TO FIX THIS ASAP.Samsung Galaxy S9+ WiFi Screenprint cr.jpg

0 Likes