Support

Open search

Where is the 360 camera mode?

Highlighted
Apprentice

I had it. I'm trying to recover it somehow.

Highlighted
Apprentice

It was 'experimental'. Sometimes phones just do stuff, like remove/change things. Its the 'Android Instinct' process LOL!.... smart-phone joke. Get it?

Highlighted
Apprentice

This mode is not coming back according to the Samsung reps I spoke to.  They want you to purchase their 360 camera separately.  It cost around $170. A lot of people purchased their phones because that really liked having that feature on it.  They downloaded an upgrade and all of the 360 camera selections disappeared.  

Highlighted
Apprentice

Thanks for the info. This is stupid as long as you have alternative cameras that do that. I've found the tipping point to not buy Note 9. You can make photosphere and dual shot work on note 8

Highlighted
First Poster

o meu tambem não tem a opçao procurei para baixar e não encontrei alguem conseguiu?

Highlighted

PRO TIP: Just download the Google Street app and you can take 360 pictures from there.

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/7012050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

Highlighted
Apprentice

I called Samsung support for this exact problem...the reset the camera and it was all back!

Go to the gear icon for camera settings. The last menu option should be "reset settibgs". Select the option and follow prompts. Phone reset or shutdown is not required. This fixed the problem immediately. All 8 modes were restored!

Hope this helps! 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hopefully that is not true! I had the same problem and just had to do the camera reset settings (instructions below) and the panarama mode appeared again

Highlighted
Apprentice

I followed all the steps to get the 360 camera back on my Galaxy 8S phone but it did not bring the 360 degree camera back.  The panarama is not the same.  Maybe the Galaxy 8S can't get that setting back?  Reset did not change anything. It was on my camera when I purchased it and gone after the first download.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Highlighted
Explorer

@Melamaze 

For some reason you and other forum users are confusing panorama mode for surround shots.

Just to be clear, the panorama mode never went missing. (As far as I know) it has been present on the S9 from the beginning. But panorama mode is limited to taking photos along the horizontal axis.  Example photo in panorama mode:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DideaUkdtnHe9evv7

On previous Galaxy models Samsung included another camera mode name: “surround shots”.  On older Galaxy models the same feature was also available In Google’s Camera app. There it was called ‘photo sphere’.  This mode enabled the user to take photos in both horizontal and vertical axis. Example photo in the missing surround shot mode:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4jXaHBtFQxnVCH2B6

(click on the image from the link to explore the environment in 360 degrees)

For reasons unknown to us, Samsung has not released their “surround shots” camera mode on neither the S9 nor the S9 plus. And to make matters worse, Google’s alternative Camera app is not compatible with the S9.

Summarizing: Although I appreciate the effort posting your suggestion to this forum, you are addressing a different problem.

Top Liked Authors