Support

Open search

Where is the 360 camera mode?

Highlighted
Explorer

Check out this post:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s9/themes/google-camera-mod-galaxy-s9-sm-g960f-ds-t3772791

The 'Photo sphere' feature of google camera offers exactly the same functionality. But you'll have to install using the modified APK from the link above, since it is not available from the play store on the S9.

I've complained about the missing camera feature at SamSung support. But they were unable to tell me if, and when to expect it to appear on the S9 (Plus). :-[

Highlighted
First Poster

Where the heck ist the Panorama Mode gone!???

Since the last security update Camara Mode dissapierd!

In the S9+ camera menu are only listed:

Pro

Live Focus

Auto

Super Slow Mo

AR Emoji

Hyperlapse

no more Panorama Mode!?????

Highlighted
Explorer

Odd - mine's still there... left of Pro, are Panorama & Food modes. 

Highlighted
Explorer

Panorama Mode? yes, but thats isn't the subject of discussion here.

360 surround shots? Not likely :-(

Highlighted
Apprentice
I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy S8, especially because I take a lot of pictures and loved the 360 degree camera. Well guess what??? They deleted that option from all of the Galaxy phones including the S9 and there is according to a manager at Samsung no way they will reverse that! I would have gone with the I phone but too late now. They are going to have a lot of very unhappy customers. I spoke with someone in the Philipines for almost 45 minutes who remotely went on my phone to see why the 360 degree camera selection was missing.  He sent me links to download but none were good.  He suggested I go to At&t and see if they would help me get this camera selection back.  I drove to AT&T next,  asked someone about this feature. He checked his phone and realized it was gone on his phone, looked at all the new Galaxy phones on display, all missing the 360 degree camera! Don't bother with the Surround Shot Samsung App. It says the product does not exist in the app store!!! Way to go Samsung. They have loyal customers who purchased products based on expecting to have that feature as advertised and  took it away. Now they expect everyone to pay $169 to buy their separate 360 degree camera! 

Highlighted
Apprentice

There were 2 APK that you could download for Dual Shot and Surround Shot, i found the information on XDA.

The android 8 update broke the Surround shot, but the Dual Shot still works, but they did something stupid in the Gallery where you can see either of the 2 pictures, but not both of them.... The weird thing is, the Samsung gallery app can see Photospheres (surround shots) created by google camera or older version of their own camera, so I am still hopefull that we will see an update to the camera. I did not use Surround Shot often, but when I did, it was necesarry,  like in a big city, on a mountain peek, the view was awsome and you want to capture it all, sky and earth, which the Panoramic mod does not.. The Dual shot i used very often, and most of the time i was the one taking the pictures and i was never in the picture... this allowed me to be there.

@Samsung, please bring back those 2 modes. Don't think the Gear 360 can replace the Surround shot that you always have on you. I did got interested in getting the Gear 360, so if you remove that mode for ever people will start caring less for the Gear 360 camera, and move to the main Google camera, that has that Surround shot functionality.

Highlighted

on s7 edge i had to go into galaxy apps because it was no longer in the camera app. is nice to have it back! but i also have a 360 camera

Highlighted
Explorer

@seongmokim:

Thanks for the tip, but I can assure you that on the S9 the feature is also not available nor downloadable at galaxy apps.

I also owned an S7 and I'm really sad that we have to do without it on the S9.

Perhaps Samsung did not include it on the S9 because of some patent violation or something like that. But that is pure speculation on my part.

Highlighted
Apprentice

I got this phone this month. It had a 360° camera.

I was going to be the first man to take a 360° selfie.  The 360° mode has been removed recently.

Highlighted
Apprentice

That camera app is GoogWare Bull%h>T

Top Liked Authors