Support

Open search

Where is the 360 camera mode?

Explorer

I'll try it out right now. hold on

Apprentice

I thought thetsmae thing, but found it.  It's a hidden feature.  Tap and hold the photo mode on the option scroll wheel and a hidden menu will pop up.  Scroll down on this and enable virtual shot.  That's it.  It will be in your scroll options from now on, unless you disable it 

Explorer
When i press and hold the camera modus selector, I'm presented with an 'Edit modes' menu. In this menu i can dis-and-enable several camera modes (for example 'Sports' modus) . But virtual shot is not among the modes available on my S9 plus.

Can you share more details about the phone you are using? Is it a S9? if so, what android version are you on?
Explorer

I doubt it's an S9, sounds like an older phone with the mode built in to the Samsung app.

The only way I've ever been able to do 360 photosphere photos is by using the Photosphere mode in a port of the Google Camera.

After the S9 Pie One UI update, I've tested loads of ports by different developers. iDan's port ("GCam_5.1.018.177470874.41362666_IDan_N6_3.5_fix.apk") is the most stable, works with HDR+ without overexposing in daylight and works in portrait mode. I installed his 4.1 build after 3.5 build and it's working fine. No root required. See xda-developers for more info and download links.

Explorer
Thank you!! Finally someone contributing with something useful to this forum thread!
Does GCAM produce better photosphere pics than the (ported) google camera app?
Apprentice

I have an s8 plus. With 9.0 Android pie.  Maybe it's not the same on the s9.  It did work for my phone tho.   Shoot I hope there is another way for you.  

Apprentice

Sorry I didn't realize you had a s9.   I was super excited when I figured it out on my phone and wanted to share my info.  I apologise.

Explorer
@Ihelpyou: No need to apologize. In fact, I'm sorry for lashing out to you. You obviously were only trying to assist.
But the S9 is a 'different beast' when it comes to the available camera modes... :-(
Apprentice

I can sympathize with your frustration for sure!  I was so disappointed when I thought they removed that option on my phone.  Thank God they didn't after all.

Highlighted
Explorer
Ah, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed...
GCam = Google Camera I've found it usually gives good results though, just make sure quality is dialled up in the settings. Which ported versions have you been trying? Some of them seem great at first glance but don't work properly on Exynos.
Top Liked Authors