Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web page opens every time you swipe your phone screen open

(Topic created on: 15-08-2019 10:16 PM)
JB471
First Poster
Options

I have the S9 and my hubby has the A9.  Recently we both have started to have an issue with the phones.  Upon swiping open the phone to use, a random web page will open automatically.  Is anybody else having this issue and if so do you know how to stop it?  Thinking it may have happened from a recent update but not 100% sure.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Enjay
Voyager
Options

It'll be an app you maybe installed, usually is. Problem is finding which one, the website might give a clue. 

Once you have the phone open you could also try the recent apps tab and see what's on top. Try uninstalling it and see if that stops it.

0 Likes
JB471
First Poster
Options
Neither of us have downloaded a new app for at least 2 months, so not that. Thanks anyway.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
It may be the case that the issue is stemming from a previously downloaded app that has automatically updated. With this in mind please try restarting the phone in Safe Mode via the steps below and check to see if the issue persists. If it doesn't then please restart the phone as you would normally and remove any third party apps.

Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the A9/S9 logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.
0 Likes
Sriram0111
First Poster
Options

Was this resolved? I have the same issue on my S9 and  i believe it happened after Samsung's latest software update. The ads are being triggered via your default browser by "yet to find"..

0 Likes
BobScheff
First Poster
Options

I also have the same problem.  It does not happen every time I swipe the phone open.  Some said it was a virus so I bought a virus program, that did not work.  As said in this forum some said it was an app.  I found 2 apps that seemed strange 1) Android Auto and 2) Android System Web.  I disabled both, no luck.  I also get a flashing re msg. that says "It is recommended that you update the cleaner for your Samsung".  It has a time frame and says to Install the recommended app for free to clean and strengthen your Samsung immediately!  The web address is "update-for-today.com".  Any clues what is going on?

0 Likes