Support

Open search

Volume key not working on s9 plus 😡

Highlighted
First Poster

Hi everyone. So my new phone arrived all hunky dory then all of a sudden my volume key stopped working. Even on the earphones it doesn't work. Been to Vodafone shop twice today and they can't fix it. Anyone got any suggestions I'd be forever your friend lol x

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Hi @Adambeynon! :robothappy:

Have you checked out our S9 Health MOT?

And does the volume key work when testing with the Samsung Members app? Samsung Members > Diagnostics > Test Hardware > Hard Keys.

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Hi, did you ever get to the bottom of your volume button not working? I've had to send one device back and the replacement is now faulting on the volume button... I've message samsung and waiting on a replay.... frustrating....
Highlighted
First Poster

Yes g dog! Go to settings and find one hand mode. Not even Samsung knew that lol. I found it by accident 😁

Highlighted
Apprentice

@Adambeynonwrote:

Yes g dog! Go to settings and find one hand mode. Not even Samsung knew that lol. I found it by accident 😁

I should probably explain myself better, my volume buttons work, and after a period of time they suddenly stop. Then I turn off or reset my devise and the buttons work again, then after a certain amount of time again they seem to fault.... I don't see how the one handed mode will resolve this, and even if that's the case that's really silly as putting that mode on stops other features I would like to use!!?? Hmmmm.... 

Highlighted

Did anyone ever find a solution iI'v had my samsung S9+ for a week now and I am having the same issues. So frustrating!

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi. I messaged Samsung but didn't get a reply. I had a mess around with some settings, and noticed the devise had an update... after this update everything has seemed to be fine.... 

Keel on at samsung and see if your devise needs an update. Also make your phone network provider know (if it's on a contract) good luck, I know how frustrating it is... 

Highlighted
First Poster

Try one hand mode in settings it worked fine for me since 

Highlighted

Hey there, have you possibly installed any apps that remap the volume buttons like bxactions?

This was the case for me, I just revoked the permissions to remap the volume buttons and the volume buttons started to work just fine again.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi thanks for your reply, the issue is now fixed, I don't know what it was, think it was a software issue. 

Top Liked Authors