Support

Open search

Video Recording in Pro Mode on One UI/Pie 9.0

Apprentice

I know this has been posted already, but it's so awful that it deserves another. The Pro mode in One UI's Camera app no longer has video recording. I can't even set the focus for a video. Why would a company, trying to stay ahead of Apple, take such a step backwards? Just like that, my S7 became more useful than my S9 for low-light video recording, and video recording in general even.

What were you thinking? Please bring back video recording in Pro mode (or have Pro Photo and Pro Video, or bring back the older Camera app) ASAP!

31 REPLIES 31
Superuser II
Superuser II

Hello,

as @TracyR said here, suggestions and feedback about that have been passed to R&D.

See you soon!

------------------------------------
EU Italian Super User II
Benvenuti Galaxy S10e|S10|S10+ Sfrutta al massimo il suo comparto fotografico Pro-Grade!
Scopri i nuovi Galaxy A!
Abbiamo bisogno di te per Bixby Voice e One UI: ti aspettiamo!
Apprentice

I know, but as mentioned before, I thought it deserved another post, lol.

Apprentice
Absolutely, a big backward step!
I'm on note 8 with one UI, Android pi
Apprentice

I have complained to Samsung about the Pro Mode button for recording video dissapearing, after the Pie update; I have received no explination relating to this.
Samsung cannot state the S9+ offers pro mode when shooting video in their promotional material and then remove this benefit two weeks after I purchase an S9+, that is illegal.
This has to be resolved immediately or I and many others will be returning their S9+ as it is no longer Fit For Purpose.

Apprentice

@Drew4 wrote:

I have complained to Samsung about the Pro Mode button for recording video disappearing, after the Pie update; I have received no explanation relating to this.
Samsung cannot state the S9+ offers pro mode when shooting video in their promotional material and then remove this benefit two weeks after I purchase an S9+, that is illegal.
This has to be resolved immediately or I and many others will be returning their S9+ as it is no longer Fit For Purpose.

22nd Feb 2019 @ 1650hrs
Dear Samsung, thanks for your swift reply on this urgent matter (pasted below):
"Thanks for reaching out to us. Pro Mode is not available any more in Android Pie. We will forward your comments to our R & D team to look into. Hope this helps"

22nd Feb 2019 @ 1710hrs
Unfortunately your default reply reiterates only what I brought to your attention! it gives me no clear explanation as to what has happened.
Are you saying Samsung removed this Pro Mode video feature intentionally? or are you saying it has been a mistake / a bug in the Pie firmware, which it would appear has not been properly tested prior to Samsung release the update to all Samsung customers?

If the former; then this would be construed as an infringement of the advertising standards in the UK.
If the latter; then it is indeed unfortunate Samsung decided to release an Android Pie UI update to its customer base without a full investigation and trial on the Samsung platform.

Please answer my question directly and explain what has; and what will, happen now?

Apprentice
Same for me in my Note 8 …..
After one UI, it's missing this part and it's so important for me
Please Samsung return it back!!!!
Apprentice
It is totally not acceptable, Samsung are not even explaining why this has been withdrawn or when it will be rectified
Apprentice
Not Acceptable indeed and make no sense I'm total upset about this matter
Now come on SAMUSNG Bring back and FAST!!
Apprentice

I posted the same question  here.... of course no answer. 

I sent a question to Samsung support they told me that I should use Samsung member app to send the same question.  I asked them what is their purpose then as "SUPPORT" if I need to do it again.... they just repeated the same thing. I tried to install that app on my s9+ and app says my device is not supported..... and so on in the circle until I told them to f*** off because it's their JOB to fix mess they made not mine! I don't have a time to bother with their apps and other nonsense!

I WANT MY ***** CAMERA BACK!!!!!!!

How long they will ignore us, because if this doesn't resolve very soon I WANT TO RETURN MY S9+ AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!

HOW SIMPLE IS THAT?????

Top Liked Authors