Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valid messages are going to Spam folder in Samsung email app

(Topic created on: 31-01-2020 08:38 PM)
Qranger
Apprentice
Options

For the last 2 months about 80% of messages from a family member started going into the spam folder in Samsung's email app.  (I am talking about Samsung email app, not Gmail or Microsoft Outlook, which is all I can find from a google search.)  I tried making the sender a VIP, and I hit "Remove from spam," but new messages keep going in there.  I'm guessing this started after an Andoid update.  I didn't notice it for a couple weeks until the family member asked why I wasn't responding to emails.  I said "What emails?"

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

So do all other emails from other sources go into your inbox as they should  ?

Are the emails you send to your family member recieved ok ?

Is this only happening with emails from your family member ?

If so then there must be something with their email address or email body content that's alerting the spam filters in the Samsung email app.

What happens if you use another email app instead of the Samsung option @Qranger  ?

You could send this as a bug report to the Samsung Developement Team via your Samsung Members App however as it's possibly only happening with your family members emails this much more like an issue from the emails being recieved and not so much an app fault.

Personally I've not had this issue using the Samsung email app.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
lBananabreadl
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue, atleast half the emails i get end up in jusnk when only maybe 10% of them are i really hope they fix this soon or atleast give you a way to mark email addresses as "not spam"!!!

0 Likes
Jeff234
First Poster
Options

Same thing for me, S9, about the same time. Fortunately it was just one e-mail sender, but it was an important one. Marking it as "not spam" in the Samsung phone stopped that one from doing it, but you have to do it on the phone.

I understand using the Outlook app instead of the Samsung e-mail app fixes this problem.

0 Likes
Ola_H
Apprentice
Options

I noted this today.

ALL MY OWN SENT ITEMS were in the samsung spam folder (not hotmail junk).

Have they even been sent? Yes, otherwise i would have noticed before.

Have it been line this before? No. My sent items folder was totally empty so it seems like Samsung/hotmail simply moved ALL sent items to spam at some stage.

1. I marked myself (sender) as VIP, no effect. Still in spam.

2. Marked all messages tried to move to sent - not possible to move to sent. Only to inbox. Dont want sent items there obviously.

3. Final attempt, marked all mesaages and clicked remove from spam (thought it would put them in the right folders)....BOOM ALL MESSAGES I SENT LAST YEARS GONE! It deleted all without even puting them in recycle bin. WTF!!!!

At the moment i HATE samsung for making such a buggy email app.

Have no clue how to get the mails back as they are hotmail messages and cant even find them in the http hotmail client now.

Someone really s**t in the blue cupboard. Samsung? Hotmail? Both?

0 Likes
Killbixbyx100
First Poster
Options

It's still happening for me and has been a problem on this s8 for 2 or 3 years. Complaining to Samsung doesn't help even VIP contacts go in there. More infuriating is that it acts up for a couple of weeks then it's ok for a few months until I start missing emails and find them all in spam. If I could only delete the spam mailbox but they dont let you. I hate samsung Bixby and all the other ***** they load onto their phones. Next time it'll be anything else.

0 Likes