Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Upgrade program - can I upgrade from S8 to S9??

(Topic created on: 21-05-2018 11:17 AM)
NorthendenWalk
Journeyman
Options

Hi guys,

I bought an S8 on the upgrade program on 6th October 2017. 

I had an email from Samsung on 12th May saying S8 owners could upgrade to the S9.

I've read ALL the terms and conditions I can find on this site and I'm still confused. Do I have to wait 12 months (so until October) to upgrade from my S8 to an S9, or does that 12 months mean that if you get the newest phone it'll be roughly another 12 months before another is released? I tried to go through the process on the site of upgrading, just out of curiosity, and even after entering my IMEI there was no message saying that I should be at least 12 months into the upgrade program.

Anybody know what the deal is?

Cheers! 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
Hi @NorthendenWalk

If you're on the Upgrade Programme then you will be invited to upgrade to the latest flagship model 12 months into your contract. At that stage you can either opt in and start a new contract cycle with the new phone or opt out and continue your monthly payments for the S8. For further clarification I'd recommend contacting the Samsung Shop Team on 0330 726 7467 to discuss your available options.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
AndrewL
Options
Hi @NorthendenWalk

If you're on the Upgrade Programme then you will be invited to upgrade to the latest flagship model 12 months into your contract. At that stage you can either opt in and start a new contract cycle with the new phone or opt out and continue your monthly payments for the S8. For further clarification I'd recommend contacting the Samsung Shop Team on 0330 726 7467 to discuss your available options.
NorthendenWalk
Journeyman
Options

Thanks - that helps. 

0 Likes