Support

Open search

Unwanted icon

Explorer

I have an S9+ and have an icon that I cannot remove. It appears as a dark grey icon with sd in the lower right corner. This icon is for an app called My Tracks that is installed and working and has it's own icon next to this dark one. When I try to uninstall this icon it says app not found. It does not appear on the sd card under my files. Any ideas would be helpful

10 REPLIES 10
TracyR Moderator

Hey @Bungle

Can you attach a screenshot, so I can have a look? 

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge   

Explorer

Screenshot_20181215-172649_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

It's the dark one at the top row called My Tracks

CarlH Moderator

Hi @Bungle. Have you tried uninstalling the main app to see if the greyed out icon disappears and then installing it again? 

Explorer
I have done that and it remains after uninstalling the app. Have looked on the SD card also and there is no trace of the app.
MasukaH Moderator

Have you tried taking out the SD card to see if the icon still appears there @Bungle?

If you try and long press on top of the app, do any options appear?

samos.png

Highlighted
Explorer

Yes I have done all that ! When long pressed the same options appear as on a normal icon but if I go to uninstall it say app does not appear on installed list.

MasukaH Moderator

Okay, let’s give this a try. Can you change or reapply the default theme or a theme of your choice? Once you have done this, restart your phone to see if the icon still appears. Let me know how you get on.

samos.png

Explorer

Having never change the Theme on my phone how would this alter the icons plus if I change the original Theme that is now on here how would I get it back as the doesn't appear to be an option for a default 

MasukaH Moderator

After looking into this further, this seems to be a fix for some users. If you head to > Apps > Settings > Wallpapers and Themes > Switch to the Theme tab at the bottom, you can see that the theme you are already using has a tick on it. If you select this, it should reapply it again – the message that then appears will say ‘some apps may close and unsaved data may be lost’. Be sure to close any apps you are have open before doing this in case you lose the data, we’d also recommend keeping your phone backed up. Hope this helps! 

samos.png

Top Liked Authors