Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unable to update to andorid 10 s9+

(Topic created on: 11-05-2020 05:48 PM)
Igi2
Apprentice
Options

Hi, everyone. I have  s9+ UK version and for some strange reason, I can't update to android 10 or receive a prompt to update. I tried the factory reset no avail. 

software versionsoftware versionsamsung switchsamsung switch

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CHMultimedia
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It looks like you* have flashed a Combination firmware. This version (CSG8/CSG5/ASG5) is not a normal version and was not released over the air. Combination firmwares are often use to diagnose issues or remove FRP. The only way to upgrade to Android 10 is to flash the latest version manually.

*I say "you" but if you bought this device second hand, your seller might have done this prior to selling it.

View solution in context

Solution
CHMultimedia
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I'm sorry for the delay.

On your computer, click on this link and download all the files. Then, before you proceed further, you should make a backup of your data, just in case. It's a good idea in general but more so in this context.

Now for those afraid about flashing random firmware, as long as the bootloader was not unlocked, there is no risk in flashing firmware. The bootloader will not allow any unofficial or modified firmware to run anyway. If you have no idea what bootloader or "OEM Unlock" means, then don't worry about it, you didn't unlock it.

Okay, next you should open the Odin executable. Click on the button labeled "AP" and in the window that appears, select the among the files you have downloaded the one whose name starts with AP. See this image: 

The names after "AP" are not the same as the ones you have. Do not worry, this is normal.The names after "AP" are not the same as the ones you have. Do not worry, this is normal.

Repeat with "BL" and "CP" (select the file that starts with BL and CP accordingly).

For "CSC" select the file that starts with HOME_CSC.

The next step is to turn off your phone and then hold the Power+Volume Down+Bixby buttons for a few seconds.

How to access Download Mode on phones with a Bixby keyHow to access Download Mode on phones with a Bixby key

You will see a teal warning screen. Don't worry about it and select Volume Up to continue. Now your phone is in Download mode. Plug it to your computer.

Now all that's left is to hit Start on Odin. Wait a while and you should be on Android 10!

WARNING:  If you are reading this because you have a similar problem, please launch a new post/thread and @Tag me before following those steps. This firmware is only valid for European Samsung Galaxy S9+ models (SM-G965F) and will not work on any other device. Even if it's the same model number, please contact me to make sure this is indeed the right firmware for you. I'd be glad to assist you with your own particular device.

View solution in context

24 REPLIES 24
Solution
CHMultimedia
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It looks like you* have flashed a Combination firmware. This version (CSG8/CSG5/ASG5) is not a normal version and was not released over the air. Combination firmwares are often use to diagnose issues or remove FRP. The only way to upgrade to Android 10 is to flash the latest version manually.

*I say "you" but if you bought this device second hand, your seller might have done this prior to selling it.

Igi2
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I bought it as a refurbished at giffgaff. Thanks for the clarification . 

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Ah, that explains it. Are you okay with flashing on your own or would you like me to guide you through it?

Igi2
Apprentice
Options
Sure, all help very much appreciated.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Great, now hold on a sec, I'm fetching the right files for your model. This will take a bit of time but you'll be on 10 today

Solution
CHMultimedia
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I'm sorry for the delay.

On your computer, click on this link and download all the files. Then, before you proceed further, you should make a backup of your data, just in case. It's a good idea in general but more so in this context.

Now for those afraid about flashing random firmware, as long as the bootloader was not unlocked, there is no risk in flashing firmware. The bootloader will not allow any unofficial or modified firmware to run anyway. If you have no idea what bootloader or "OEM Unlock" means, then don't worry about it, you didn't unlock it.

Okay, next you should open the Odin executable. Click on the button labeled "AP" and in the window that appears, select the among the files you have downloaded the one whose name starts with AP. See this image: 

The names after "AP" are not the same as the ones you have. Do not worry, this is normal.The names after "AP" are not the same as the ones you have. Do not worry, this is normal.

Repeat with "BL" and "CP" (select the file that starts with BL and CP accordingly).

For "CSC" select the file that starts with HOME_CSC.

The next step is to turn off your phone and then hold the Power+Volume Down+Bixby buttons for a few seconds.

How to access Download Mode on phones with a Bixby keyHow to access Download Mode on phones with a Bixby key

You will see a teal warning screen. Don't worry about it and select Volume Up to continue. Now your phone is in Download mode. Plug it to your computer.

Now all that's left is to hit Start on Odin. Wait a while and you should be on Android 10!

WARNING:  If you are reading this because you have a similar problem, please launch a new post/thread and @Tag me before following those steps. This firmware is only valid for European Samsung Galaxy S9+ models (SM-G965F) and will not work on any other device. Even if it's the same model number, please contact me to make sure this is indeed the right firmware for you. I'd be glad to assist you with your own particular device.

Igi2
Apprentice
Options

Thank you very much! this is very comprehensive! 

irfanmirza
Journeyman
Options

Hi, 

I have the same info, can you please send me the manual firmware download link?

Thank you, 
Irfan 

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi! Unfortunately, your link gives me a 404 error. Can you use the picture feature of the forums instead? Like this:Screenshot_20200622-165704_Settings.jpg