Support

Open search

Unable to hide navigation bar

SOLVED
Apprentice

Hi all. The software on mu new S9 was updated overnight and now I can't hide the navigation bar. Is there a workaround? Samsung customer support weren't any use! Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TracyR Moderator

Hey @Craigmc 

How you liking your slice of Pie so far?

There are two options for the Navigation Bar on pie:

Settings > Display > Navigation Bar > Show Navigation Bar/Gestures. 

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

54 REPLIES 54
TracyR Moderator

Hey @Craigmc 

How you liking your slice of Pie so far?

There are two options for the Navigation Bar on pie:

Settings > Display > Navigation Bar > Show Navigation Bar/Gestures. 

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Apprentice
Thanks. They're the two options I've found. No option any longer to hide the bar . .
TracyR Moderator

You're unable to hide the bar completely, the options there are the only two available following the update.

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Apprentice

Thanks, TracyR

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

@Craigmc you can quickly switch back when you add shortcuts to the notification barScreenshot_20190201-150454_Samsung capture.jpg

Apprentice
Thanks, @jv18. That seems complicated for a techophobe such as me!
First Poster

What was the purpose of removing the incredibly useful feature of being able to hide the navigation bar entirely? I found so much use in it and it seems like it was removed without good reason, when the new option could have been added as just that: an option. So far not a fan of the new update at all.

Observer

You still can, it's just a bit different. Not sure I like it more, but it's a fix. Under Display in Settings, choose Navigation bar, then choose full screen gestures, then turn of gesture hints .

Apprentice
That sort of works, but effectively replaces the buttons with gestures, instead of having a gesture to bring up the buttons. Also I use middle up swipe to launch the app drawer and having the full screen gestures enabled stops that working. For now I've done as you suggest plus also putting a dedicated app drawer launcher button on my home screen, which is going to take a bit of getting used to!
Top Liked Authors