Support

Open search

Transferring data from s9+ to another s9+

SOLVED
First Poster

Hi guys. After 3 months of having a s9 plus unfortunately I have cracked my screen. My insurance is giving me a new replacement. Is there a way I can transfer all my data to the new device or make a backup of all my messages and settings etc as I need to give the device to the delivery driver when he brings the new one.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

Smart switch is an option. 

Transfer your stuff. Samsung Smart Switch.

Personally I back up to Samsung Cloud so by inputting my Samsung ID into the new phone and opt to use the back up my info moves across. 

I also use DropBox for my pictures and gmail for contacts too. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

4 REPLIES 4
Superuser I
Superuser I

Smart switch is an option. 

Transfer your stuff. Samsung Smart Switch.

Personally I back up to Samsung Cloud so by inputting my Samsung ID into the new phone and opt to use the back up my info moves across. 

I also use DropBox for my pictures and gmail for contacts too. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Explorer

If your s9 plus with cracked screen can be scanned out, try broken samsung data recovery software to help you export data from it. Usually, data like app, contacts, sms, music, photos, videos, books, call logs can be easily exported. Good luck to you.

First Poster
You can use choose Samsung's own phone switching solution - Samsung Smart Switch. But there are many limitations with the tool. Therefore, have a try with another good solution - Samsung Data Transfer (Windows/Mac) . It is regarded as the best option for Samsung users to transfer data between two Samsung devices because it enables you to copy contacts, text messages, call logs, photos, videos, music, apps, books (ePubs and PDFs) from s9+ to another s9+.
First Poster

Hi there,
Sad u faced this, If your s9 plus screen is broken ,you can depend on third-party professional transfer program to fix your problem.just connecting the devices to computer via USB.And the program will display all files,and selecte the files you want to transfer.So easy and efficient.

Top Liked Authors