Support

Open search

This new update literally sucks

Apprentice

I am having a VERY hard time now explaining to all my iphone friends why I am with Samsung. Just sayin! Samsung should NOT have taken away our rights to customize our own phones just to listand sell THEIR new stupid themes! I customized my text background before the update for free and had 3 different text backgrounds from google. 

Apprentice
How do I get rid of the STUPID EMOJI CARTOON STUPIDS THAT TOOK OVER AT MY KEYBOARD WITH THE LATEST DUMB UPDATE? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE! NOT EVERYONE OUT THERE THAT OWNS A SAMSUNG CELL IS 15 YRS OF AGE! I CANT DELETR THEM. THEY ARE STUPID! REALLY SAMSUNG??????

I have the J8 and had to receive the same update. I find all the forced features to be so annoying.  My camera used to take phenomenal pictures that had made me feel so excited to take a pictures. Now, ever since the update, my camera quality sucks now (went from 16 mp to looking like a 4 mp). The video quality is worse and I lost everything that made the J8 special. I miss my original features.

First Poster
I agree.... I like to hide my navigation bar also, but now the only alternative is this stupid hover thing. Also, I would like to get Bixby totally off my phone and be able to use that button for another feature.
First Poster
My question is..... Does anyone like this "PIE" update?????????? I hate it.
Don't be shy..... let us know what you may possibly like about it.
Explorer

I like the new look with one UI but I'm pissed off about the camera software.

Voyager
You can remap the Bixby button via Bixby now. Mine opens my notes.
Voyager

@JKB59 wrote:
My question is..... Does anyone like this "PIE" update?????????? I hate it.
Don't be shy..... let us know what you may possibly like about it.

Yes I really do. Very smooth. Intuitive, alot more user friendly. You have to remember that the UI has basically been the same for 8 years since the S2 and people don't like change. 

I love the fact you can lock parts of the screen if you want to pass your phone to show someone a picture you can block any access and also parts of the screen so they cant have a look at other photographs you may not want them to see.

The integration of clean up and ram optimisation is good.

The ability to restrict the amount of time you use the phone for with "well being"

KNOX and secure folder and general security alot better.

The galaxy theme store is OK (not for apps but as I said themes)

Home integration with smart things is ok.

IFTTT is the best but it tries. 

Numerous other things that you think hinder you at first then become things that annoy you if you use another phone. No doubt I will be ravaged for actually liking the update. 

My S10 is a beast of a phone. A genuine upgrade over the S8 (which has the new UI) 

The S8 and S10 and the first phones I have not gained root access to as I had no need. 

Apprentice

Oh my, Samsung shill confirmed.

My S8's update doesn't show recent text messages and I have to close all apps instead of option to choose what I want closed. Horrible update
Top Liked Authors