Support

Open search

This new update literally sucks

I agree this update is garbage. But my question now after reading all of these responses to the update is , does Samsung not read there own forums. I dont see a single reply from them. Wtf Samsung 

Honestly, I bought this phone about 2 weeks ago and all I want to do now is send it back. This update is the worst thing to happen to Samsung ever. I've been rocking with Samsung for years and this is seriously making me want to sell this phone and get the Pixel. I can't stand the design, looks like a child's Fischer Price phone and that's not what I paid this stupid amount of money for. Why the hell dont we have the option to roll back to the previous version. This is GARBAGE. 

Im really angry about this new update. I dont even want this phone any more. Two of my apps were done a way with. Cant use them at all any more. My fingerprint does not work for my screen lock. Bixby cant seem to understand any thing im saying. An i could go on and on. But, fact is. This update really sucks!! I wish i could undo it. Guess im getting another phone! This bites

New update today for my S8..... Really sucuks...

At least let us go back .....

Destroyed my dark theme.  really bad idea for samsung....

First Poster

Completely agree.  There some new things I quite like. The weather app is better, the new AOD clock,  I like night mode.  But I really don't get why Samsung had to change things that were already good and didn't need it.  

First Poster

I'm 100% with you and like a growing number of people around the world, I hate when someone decides what is good for me especially when it is not. Samsung is not a farmer and I'm not their sheep.

The worse is that you can't even rollback to the previous version of the system or at least revert to the previous settings. Just an example that happened to me, the always on clock is not working anymore on my Galaxy S8; I tried several procedures I found on the web, but nothing worked.

I was already disappointed by this phone because it only comes as the Edge version and second, it's so slippery that I dropped it once and broke de glass; I never broke my phones in the past 20 years. Why did the S7 come with a protection whereas the S8 doesn't?

I deactivated the Edge feature on my S7 an S8 because I can't take or hold my phone without triggering this annoying function or blocking my apps because my fingers touch the edge of the screen.

I was a fan of Samsung, but with all this I wonder if it is not turning into a stupid and ugly iPhone with a Cupertino like Master.

Just Browsing

Total trash! Don't tell me people "wanted" this *****! Why can't you just leave it alone? Stop "fixing" things that aren't broke! *****ing delete this bixby ***** if you want to improve the ***** experience! I can update any apps now! They ***** every setting I changed, it's glitchy and does bizarre ***** all on it's own! Way to make me look at an iPhone you dumbasses! Who ever green-lit this update should be set on fire, thrown from the 39th floor and then fired! 

Just Browsing

Total trash! Don't tell me people "wanted" this sh*t! Why can't you just leave it alone? Stop "fixing" things that aren't broke! Fu*king delete this bixby sh*t if you want to improve the ***** experience! I can update any apps now! They fu*ked every setting I changed, it's glitchy and does bizarre sh*t all on it's own! Way to make me look at an iPhone you dumb*sses! Who ever green-lit this update should be set on fire, thrown from the 39th floor and then fired! 

Highlighted

Agreed. STOP FIXING STUFF THAT ISNT BROKEN! I might as well have just bought a new phone altogether! And it's not optional, if you were happy, well Samsumg says "***** you, you like this now" 

Just Browsing

I just got the Note 9 a few days ago and I am honestly looking inro how to remove it. The app icons looks like something someone drom an elementary did it. My edge panel doesn't work properly, all the keys are at the bottom of the screen instead of the top. The messages finctiof is so basic, I want to screen. Instead of tapping an alarm to stop, now you have swipe, what a pain. Whoever did this upgrade, needs to go on vacation and come back and redo it. Worse upgrade ever!

Top Liked Authors