Support

Open search

This new update literally sucks

Since this latest update I'm unable to use certain apps, it is affecting the the use other apps including calendar, Google maps, Waze and trainline, all of which I use heavily in my work. Why do I suddenly lose gps when on a call???

First Poster

It was a similar situation  with an Apple update that drove me to Samsung a couple of years ago in the first place.  This Samsung update has me seriously looking at my next move - NOT SAMSUNG.  I literally can't stand what this update has done to my phone.  Please let us undo this update!!!!!

Apprentice

It's like a nightmare I can't wake up from, One UI ruined everything I loved my S9 for.

Apprentice

I kinda grown attached to 8.0 Oreo, this One UI is like a nightmare I cannot wake up from.

First Poster

My phone keeps calling people when I go to lock it.. and I have no idea why!

I just purchased my note 9 last December because of the way the multitasking worked with the swiping from the top and the easiest accessibility from the menu button now it looks like a pixel operates like a pixel has missing key features that I like about the Samsung if I wanted a pixel I would have bought a pixel and then I call Samsung at office and there's no way to put it back to android 8.1 if the phone came out of the box like this I certainly won't have purchased it to begin with good job Samsung for ***** it up . It was between this phone on the Asus rogue I definitely regret my purchase of the note 9 now that it's been simplified this is a power user phone and now it's simple user phone I definitely won't be purchasing any Samsung products in the future unless Samsung rectifies this problem

Highlighted
First Poster

My SAMSUNG wireless charging dock isn't even working with it anymore - TERRRIBLE UPDATE.

Agreed. That last update did much more harm than good.  (I thought that was only an Apple thing.)  I can't read my contacts and miscellaneous apps are no longer working. They should give us the option to do a version-rollback if we don't need the new "feature".  Shame on Samsung for not beta testing this. Oh wait... we ARE the beta test. <sigh>. 

Navigator

@oliverpereira wrote:

I just purchased my note 9 last December because of the way the multitasking worked with the swiping from the top and the easiest accessibility from the menu button now it looks like a pixel operates like a pixel has missing key features that I like about the Samsung if I wanted a pixel I would have bought a pixel and then I call Samsung at office and there's no way to put it back to android 8.1 if the phone came out of the box like this I certainly won't have purchased it to begin with good job Samsung for ***** it up . It was between this phone on the Asus rogue I definitely regret my purchase of the note 9 now that it's been simplified this is a power user phone and now it's simple user phone I definitely won't be purchasing any Samsung products in the future unless Samsung rectifies this problem

Samsung is telling you fibs im back on Oero 8.1 i didnt even use ONE UI PIE 9 more then 48 hours it sucks you can downgrade i have on my NOTE 9 head over to xda.com NOTE 9 section all the tools and firmware you need are there samsung is losing the plot!

Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F
Galaxy Gear Frontier Gear S3 SM-R760

SAME!  ARGHHH! CAN I VENT HERE? I'VE NEVER BEEN SO P****D OFF FROM AN UPDATE! This POS literally changed all of my views, notifications, sounds, EVERYTHING! And not for the better - it's like they've played 'hide-n-seek' with my most important apps and views. F%%%&&**!!! Samsung! YOU SUCK!

I've been a lifer with Samsung but honestly considering another option today because of this *****TY upgrade they've forced on my phone.

I use my phone for work, so this costs me time = money to figure ***** out and I'm absolutely pissed they would force such a lame, intrusive, poorly written pile of code on MY phone. YOU SUCK SAMSUNG! I HOPE YOUR STOCK PLUMMETS DUE TO THSI!!!

Top Liked Authors