Support

Open search

This new update literally sucks

I completely agree!!

Mine updated last night and it's awful!!! Looks really cheap and amateur. Makes me want to revert back to an iPhone.

I totally agree, I couldn't believe what they have done. Everything was fine but now all that was good is butchered. Split screen is no longer possible and my browser tabs seem to disappear on its own. It's like they used the previous extreme battery saving interface and now transfered it into regular mode. It feels all black and white with the bare basics. Wtf Samsung. 

Highlighted
Observer

3 TVs in my home are Samsung because of my experience with my Samsung cell phones. I have a s9 and I believe it is my 3rd Samsung cell phone. The latest update with my Samsung s9 is awful. I hate it and do not understand why Samsung would think this would be an advantage/upgrade to their users. Someone at Samsung had their head up someone's ****.....ooops, sorry or did not do a customer marketing research before enacting this upgrade. 

Really Samsung! I have experienced better and why I always DID buy Samsung....after this latest upgrade, I may have to rethink my future purchases.

Just Browsing

I totally agree, I even registered in order to write here. I am so disappointed with this new Android. The update totally screwed my notifications.

I stoped getting status bar notifications for both Viber, Messenger, and Gmail.
I have not figured out what is the behavior for the rest of my applications.

It is totally unacceptable, because this makes my use of the phone absolutely terrible. I get led indicator, but i have to go and search every time through all of my apps to find which one has a notification.

It used to be a great phone when i bought it , but this totally messed up everything, which is very disappointing for a flagship device
If this is not fixed, i would thing twice before ever buying a samsung phone again.

First Poster

I loved my phone Note 9 and I loved the way it worked and feel with Oreo, I was also looking forward for this new One UI update mostly because the night mode, but it just ruined my phone: recent apps style is bad and i don't know why they didn't keep the LIST VIEW option which is perfect for a phone that can have 20+ apps open in the background, actual implementation is just useless;
I also don't like how they changed the camera app and the fact that i can't choose to record in 30fps or 60fps anymore;

Nav bar is also ruined, I get that they wanted to add the gestures but why removing the old perfectly working staff like hiding the bar or changing the colors of the bar;

And the worst of  all is that after the update my very expensive Clear view Smart cover turned into a  not Clear and definetly not smart  very expensive regular flip case.

Observer

It really does suck. I hate the new feature to swiping away apps. It's like apple. I have an android for a reason you know? And whenever I make a phone call it automatically hangs up after like 15 to 20 seconds and also randomly calls people in my contact list. Never had the problem until this new update. Its garbage.

They are just trying to be iphones

Observer
So, I typed in my google search bar "2019 s9 update sucks" this thread is what I got. This update absolutely SUCKS!! So angry over this. They need to update this so you can revert back to the way it was!!! 😡😡
Observer

Yes this was the last straw, i am selling my s9 and go to google pixel. 

Srew bixby and this cheap, ugly and co fusing update.

Why have a digital navigation bar of it can't be removed? Thus just makes it part of the chinbar(might aswell make it black so it matches the frame).

Observer
And what is with not being able to open instagram, twitter and facebook links in chrome anymore? So frustrating
Top Liked Authors