Support

Open search

This new update literally sucks

Highlighted
Navigator

@marty057 wrote:

I agree , I am so peeved at this I think apple is the only answer unless there is a way to revert back.

Just got the June update with the "Night Mode" Jesus what a pile of s hit this phone is now, I f ucking hate it but I'm stuck with it for another 12 months 🤬 f uck you Samsung for ruining the most perfect phone I ever had. 

Highlighted
First Poster

Add to the long list of things I despise about this update; percentage of battery remaining has disappeared, you now have to swipe down to see it. Also, this phone was super easy to use in the car, it's now a total pita to use in the car. I'm totally pissed, clearly Samsung didn't do much beta testing.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Yup

Highlighted
Apprentice

@CvilleGordo wrote:

".. Also, this phone was super easy to use in the car, it's now a total pita to use in the car. I'm totally pissed, clearly Samsung didn't do much beta testing."

Exactly! I go to look at the time and it's on the opposite side is only the battery life, taking a pic or video requires so much tapping to make sure its focusing and readjusting to where the buttons are that I miss my shots , a little bit of polling or questionnaires might go them some good. Market research..such a crazy idea right? Also the photo storage and almost every single thing I every relied on daily is a hassle to use jsut very upset I ever allowed it to update I should have jsut put it off as long as possible.  And only going to confuse older or less tech savvy users. Alot of people dont like change. I'm not one of them usually but make it be for an actual purpose please! All the colors have changed on the apps and is a total train wreck. Were Miserable!

Highlighted

I am really fed up of the poor performance of my Note S8 sinxe the update. If you think this will make me buy the S10 you are wrong. I will buy a HUAWEI bye bye  

Highlighted

Have any of you guys tried the new s10+?? They actually made the software great on the s10+ especially the camera software. I feel like Samsung is using the apple philosophy in forcing us to buy the newer phones 

Highlighted
First Poster

There is an app on Play Store called "Package Disabler Pro" which lets you disable Bixby completely. It removes the "package" of Bixby so it can't be opened or launched.

You can also do this with all other applications on your phone, but I would recommend not to go too deep on this. One time my phone application got removed because I disabled Samsung account since I wanted my contacts to only be saved onto my Google account instead of Samsung Cloud―which I hate.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Well, thank you! I am so happy I never used bixby! But, I will definately check out that app! I just want to be able to use my own custom colors on text again. And, be able to delete stupid forced on emojis! Not all of us are 10 yrs old on here!
Highlighted
Apprentice

I marvel that Samsung doesn't seem to be hearing the number of complaints about this upgrade. Crazy. Or at least they are ignoring them.

Highlighted
First Poster

I think you're right. I believe that Samsung is one of those companies that focuses on making money short-term instead of long-term. This because they think they are "premium" enough to not take advantage of services from Google and not passionate enough to care.

I mean, why force a customer to use Bixby when there's Google Assistant? That's giving their customers two messages―ignorance and stupidity. Why even design an Assistant at all? It only causes more problems of their own. Why re-launch a service that already exist on their phones and that already is―and always will be―better than theirs?

Top Liked Authors