Support

Open search

This new update literally sucks

Highlighted
Apprentice
Agree overall...worst ever.
Random dialing, crappy icons, no vav lock. And now i found i cannot schedule texts. Used that as remindrrs and for people on different coasts. This feels like a mo e towards Apple which i do not have for many many reasons. But crappy ui and features being number one. No thanks, take me back to a smart phone that works.
Highlighted
Apprentice
Random dilaing 10 times this morning always the same. Autoredial or some other new feature? The update that wasn't. Worst ever and first time thinking i may be headed elsewhere if samsung continues to remove functionality.
Highlighted
Navigator

Turn off lift to wake and lift to ear auto calling. You can try that,. I don't have those problems, my beef is the ***** camera software we have been forced with 🙄

Highlighted
Navigator
Lift to wake and direct call, turn them off and see how you get on.
Highlighted
First Poster
Spoiler
I hated that I couldn't set up delayed texts (I too use them for work), but after playing around , I figured out how. I have an A8 2018, but maybe it's the same for your phone. Where you type out the message, first hit the + Then (on mine) it shows gallery, camera, location and three dots. Hit the three dots and the second icon is schedule message. Hope this works for you!
Highlighted
First Poster

I have also been accidentally calling people multiple times daily, extremely annoying. Using the phone and toggling back and forth with messages is ridiculous. I despise the new look of settings, I despise how it switched positions of buttons, I despise how Bixby has now become ridiculously intrusive - I could go on. What is worse, if you call tech support, they pretend ignorance about this, I just had the most amazingly annoying call with them. F*** you Samsung, give me a warning next time!

Highlighted
Observer

Don't know if it's just my phone, but after this new update the sound is ruined. When I am listening with speakers it is normal, however when I use earbuds my sound just disappears, like I need to set the sound to max to be able to hear anything.

First Poster

for me to issues -  Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting from my S7 & S7 edge devices, so good bye to Samsung. 

I have used Samsung S7 Edge in the year 2016 & 2017 two years. Experienced no issues at all, later switched to apple for a year then came back to Android with same Samsung S7 edge device, after the release of S8 & S9. I started to experience a weird issue.  The internet connectivity on the home Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting. I must turn off the Wi-Fi then turn it on to make it work, and after a period of time the issue re-occurs. This is totally irritating, I must toggle ON & OFF switch for wi-Fi under settings options (which is not a big deal, but yet) every time to make the internet active. At times when I keep the phone in idle; the internet connection goes off, which I am not even aware of and I tend to miss important mails.

The issue does not occur if I am using the mobile data; the internet stays connected for a very long time; the same issue does not occur if I am connected to my office WI-FI or restaurant WI-FI. The issue only persists for my home WI-FI

Initially I though this is my internet ISP provider issue, then thought it’s the router issue, later when I started to use my laptop; I have not experienced the same issue. Which rules out my ISP & router issues which is suspected, all the other devices in my home works perfectly except the Samsung S7 edge.

I did few searches on the internet and found there are few other people who have experienced the same problem; with the solutions they have provided – tried all the possible software configuration. Did reset the network settings, then finally did format the phone it observed it for few days. The issue has not occurred, then have done all the security updates to the phone and made the phone up to date with software update, there you go the issue popped up again. Totally irritated. Then I thought this might one device defect issue. Thought to give another change to Samsung brand. Gave the old phone to my finance who relays only on mobile data for internet.

Then I bought a new phone Samsung S7; there was no issues for couple of days, did all software updates there you go – the issue occurred again. I have been experiencing this issue for the last 6 months totally lost patience today as I have done this Wi-Fi switch toggle today exactly for 67 times for the last 6 hours; though I have not been using the mobile device for the whole 6 hours. I would say I have used my phone for 2 or 3 hours where I have ended up toggling the Wi-Fi switch.

Like apple did to drain out the device batteries for Apple devices, I guess Samsung found this way to irritate users to switch phones. I must confess here to Samsung that you have succeed in your plan, as now I have given up the Samsung S7 and the Samsung brand. Not a big fan of Chinese brand but lately with the devices that Huawei manufactures I have decided to go with Huawei brand. Good bye Samsung.

Highlighted
First Poster

for me its a different issue, Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting on S7 edge & S7

I have used Samsung S7 Edge in the year 2016 & 2017 two years. Experienced no issues at all, later switched to apple for a year then came back to Android with same Samsung S7 edge device, after the release of S8 & S9. I started to experience a weird issue.  The internet connectivity on the home Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting. I must turn off the Wi-Fi then turn it on to make it work, and after a period of time the issue re-occurs. This is totally irritating, I must toggle ON & OFF switch for wi-Fi under settings options (which is not a big deal, but yet) every time to make the internet active. At times when I keep the phone in idle; the internet connection goes off, which I am not even aware of and I tend to miss important mails.

The issue does not occur if I am using the mobile data; the internet stays connected for a very long time; the same issue does not occur if I am connected to my office WI-FI or restaurant WI-FI. The issue only persists for my home WI-FI

Initially I though this is my internet ISP provider issue, then thought it’s the router issue, later when I started to use my laptop; I have not experienced the same issue. Which rules out my ISP & router issues which is suspected, all the other devices in my home works perfectly except the Samsung S7 edge.

I did few searches on the internet and found there are few other people who have experienced the same problem; with the solutions they have provided – tried all the possible software configuration. Did reset the network settings, then finally did format the phone it observed it for few days. The issue has not occurred, then have done all the security updates to the phone and made the phone up to date with software update, there you go the issue popped up again. Totally irritated. Then I thought this might one device defect issue. Thought to give another change to Samsung brand. Gave the old phone to my finance who relays only on mobile data for internet.

Then I bought a new phone Samsung S7; there was no issues for couple of days, did all software updates there you go – the issue occurred again. I have been experiencing this issue for the last 6 months totally lost patience today as I have done this Wi-Fi switch toggle today exactly for 67 times for the last 6 hours; though I have not been using the mobile device for the whole 6 hours. I would say I have used my phone for 2 or 3 hours where I have ended up toggling the Wi-Fi switch.

Like apple did to drain out the device batteries for Apple devices, I guess Samsung found this way to irritate users to switch phones. I must confess here to Samsung that you have succeed in your plan, as now I have given up the Samsung S7 and the Samsung brand. Not a big fan of Chinese brand but lately with the devices that Huawei manufactures I have decided to go with Huawei brand. Good bye Samsung.

Highlighted
First Poster

I agree , I am so peeved at this I think apple is the only answer unless there is a way to revert back.

Top Liked Authors