Support

Open search

This new update literally sucks

I literally hate samsung for this update!!!!!! i'm going to look into another kind of phone soon, never will i ever waste my money on there products again, i have been loyal to the Note since i had the 3 years ago, each time they release a phone they have downgraded functionality ( Camera from 16 mp to 12) removed the remote feature, along with many others. 

Forcing apps on us such as horrible Bixbie, i cant deal with this anymore. 

This is absolutely worthless pure garbage fix it or get this update out of my phone can't copy and paste can't schedule a text message wtf fix this problem 

Just Browsing
I'm with ya'll. Day ABSOLUTLY RUINED. This isn't my phone anymore...

This is what should have been in the "What's new" before installing the update:
- We put the clock on the opposite side : ) just to annoy you : D
- Get rid of your favourite themes, because they will look all messed up and broken. 
- Our new look is plain, cheap and will hurt your eyes. But you can have the night mode on ALL THE TIME if that's the case.
- all the buttons look old and ugly >: )
- You will not be able to hide your navigation bar anymore >: ) so choose between the annoying and plain unhidden one or re-train your brain and fingers to do the annoying swiping : D 
- Getting split screen (and other functions) is now harder to get to, and you will not be able to view just one window in split screen. Who knows why we did this? And why did you switch to Samsung? 
- You won't be able to disable the Bixby button anymore! >: ) 
- We made the camera more confusing, and made it like on iOS. And why did you get Samsung?
- To summarize the rest; everything you use on your phone will feel like a painful downgrade. So why did you get Samsung?

So far this is the worst Samsung has done. I pray they bring everything back.
MAKE SAMSUNG GREAT AGAIN!
Observer
I never have written anything bad about samsung in the past since i had the s2 s3 s4 s5 s6 note 3 note 5 note 7 (still the best phone ever) now the new update on the note 8 literary sucks

I personally think it is the whole audio part. They have completely ruined it making it have nearly no bass making it more friendly to newer vehicles. Its all abaoit surround sound now, they need to fix it.

Highlighted
First Poster
Agreed, the messaging feature is awful. I hope this is changed this week. They took a step back
Apprentice

You can't make any changes to it. I messaged Samsung support on their FB page and they said there is no way to roll it back or anything.

Navigator
Took me about 8 hours but was able to get back my OREO using odin and the sammobile flash files. Most of my settings gone but was able to save my data.. Amazing thing is it's like a new phone, fast, and the firmware on the sammobile site was a better version of oreo somehow I'm getting all these new cool options I didn't even know about!

I swear, downgrading to OREO is like actually upgrading the phone! I have a note 8 korean KT Emperor Edition 256GB internal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0qEM5j34QI&lc=
Navigator

Love this post! so true...

Took me about 8 hours but was able to get back my OREO using odin and the sammobile flash files. Most of my settings gone but was able to save my data.. Amazing thing is it's like a new phone, fast, and the firmware on the sammobile site was a better version of oreo somehow I'm getting all these new cool options I didn't even know about!

I swear, downgrading to OREO is like actually upgrading the phone! I have a note 8 korean KT Emperor Edition 256GB internal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0qEM5j34QI&lc=

Yes this new One UI looks childish, and is aesthetically repulsive to look at. the split clock on the notification screen triggers anxiety because it's like you constantly have a notification you can't get rid of. Why do they force these changes to UI instead of giving people the power to choose what they want their UI to look like. The point of Android is to be able to personalize the user experience instead of being boxed in like apple. I don't like the simple minded, basic approach of apple spoon feeding the masses one set of product and interface but it least it looks good. This tacky ***** Samsung rolled out is disgusting and annoying to engage with.
Top Liked Authors