Support

Open search

This is an upgrade?!?! Android 9

Highlighted
First Poster

Clearly everyone hates this "upgrade." Since the upgrade I do not get service...EVER. Text messages come hours late, phone calls that aren't coming through. Would you like to explain to my job as to why I am not answering or should I after who knows how long I've had samsungs finally leave?? I can't connect to my wifi at home anymore, but every other thing that needs wifi is just fine!!!!!! I paid a sh*t ton of money for a calculator and alarm clock. Awesome. 

Someone please tell me I can get rid of this upgrade before I freak out! Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Superuser I
Superuser I

It's a conundrum how some phones are affected and some are not.

Both me and my work colleague have upgraded to the Samsung One Ui  / Pie update on our Note 9 phones and are experiencing none of these issues. 

I think its sometimes down to what apps people have and if they have a 3rd party launcher or theme that's not compatible. 

It's easy to check.

Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see how if performs  

Samsungs stance is that the firmware cannot be rolledmback.

However if you perform a Google Search you'll find info you seek.

A person doing this does so at their own sole responsibility knowing that a phone can be put Into an unusable state and possible manufacturing warranty being voided.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors