Support

Open search

The problem with buying in Galaxy Apps

Apprentice

Hello! My Name is Alex. I'm from Ukraine, living in Kyiv. I'm the owner of Samsung Galaxy S9+ (SM-G9650/DS) and Galaxy Watch 46mm. Also i've bought my wife a Galaxy Watch 42 version. Recently I've found a problem with the purchases in Galaxy Apps store, when I wanted to buy a new watchfaсe, but can't do anything. My bank said that from their side there is no problem, also my credit card is ok. After a call to the local Samsung Ukraine support, the operator told me that I'm not the first with this problem and now they сollect information about this. But when the operator heard from me that my phone is for a different region (TYG), she told me that Samsung doesn't serve customers in such situations.  
So dear Samsung representatives, tell me why is such a discrimination happening here, if the phone was bought in another country??  Samsung is international company, so why the support here is only for locally purchased phones from official dealers?
Also, please tell me, when I should expect fix issue with purchases?
p.s.    my Galaxy Apps version is 4.4.00.8

Screenshot_20181027-172844_Samsung Billing.jpg20181027_173004.jpgScreenshot_20181027-172739_Samsung Billing.jpg

13 REPLIES
Apprentice

Any ideas?

Apprentice

/////

Apprentice

Tried 3 different credit cards, result - the same error...

Screenshot_20181101-201549_Samsung Billing.jpgScreenshot_20181101-201724_Samsung Billing.jpgScreenshot_20181101-203047_Samsung Billing.jpg

Superuser I
Superuser I

For payments to decline it has to be your bank that's stopping the transaction. 

It's possible your bank system is flagging it as a suspicious transaction. 

In regards to Manufacturing Warranty. 

They are country/ region specific so that causes an issue if a person imports a Samsung device from another country that is not in the catchment area for warranty so it wouldn't be covered. 

This is explained in the Terms and Conditions from Samsung. 

For example I'm I. The UK so fall within the European Section in samsung.com/uk/support/warranty.

The manufacturing warranty is supplied by the seller of the phone so for example if the phone has been supplied by a mobile phone network then its them that apply the warranty. 

If Samsung supplied the phone then its them as long as the criteria is met. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

I tried 3 credit cards of two different banks, and was not able to complete the purchase. With these cards I have no problems with buying on other resources. The Bank doesn't block transactions, because i've already bought a lot of things and everything went without problems. Only with Samsung store there is some kind of problem.

Regarding the warranty. I believe that this situation is not a question of  warranty. My phone and watch are fully functional, and have no problems with hardware. The problem is with Samsung's software , it doesn't work correctly. How can a phone and a watch, at such a high cost, claiming to be one of the best products in their classes from such a well-known manufacturer have such fails, honestly, i don't understand..
In these products everything should work perfectly, cause they aren't budget products. Also I have never had problems on the gadgets from any other well-known brand, wherever I made a purchases, in my country, in Europe or another part of the world. Samsung, i think it's unfair to users!

Are there any other ways to pay??

Apprentice

That's interesting. Today i've made two purchases , but the third - again with an error.  After that, everything is exactly the same -  I can't buy anything ..

First Poster

I have the same problem! Help, I can't buy anything.

Any solution? I have the same error but inside game shop purchase and I'm from Iran got this error 2 weeks now and not fixed

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Have you guys spoken directly with your Banks Customer Services to ask them to access your account and look to why they have refused the purchase.

Some Banks do have stringent failsafe policies and guards to stop unauthorised usage of an account.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors