Thanks for the step by step guide. I know can use the calandar however if I put a meeting in my phone it doesnt sync with my computer. If I put a meeting in my computer it does sync with my phone?
Any ideas what I have done wrong?
Synchronising Outlook Calendar with Samsung Galaxy S9+ I had the same issue. I solved it easily by installing the Samsung Email app and then adding my Live.com Account. It asks for permission to read calendar and the it populates the Samsung Calendar app too
I just figured this out as I work in a telecom shop on the Isle of Man. A customer had the same issue and I'd like to share to make it easy for everyone.
This is a 9 Step Process and it's as follows:-
- Sign into Outlook on outlook.com, on a computer preferably
- Once signed in, click the grid icon on the top left and then Calendar
- On the bottom left click tasks (square with a tick)
- On the top right click the cog icon and then options.
- On the left hand side there's a list, click calendar again -> shared calendars -> calendar publishing
- 'Show availability, titles and locations' there's a create button underneath
- right click on the .ics link and copy shortcut
- paste and email it to yourself
- on your phone, click on the link, it will give you two options 'calendar' or 'download' choose download and once download is finished open the file with the built in calendar app on your phone, this will then import your Outlook Calendar to your built-in Calendar.
This didnt work for me because when I downloaded this file, it doesn't give me the option to open it with my calendar. Any other ideas?
The sync from my outlook.com account worked for me now in both ways. What i did?
First of all, delete your exchange account.
Then go to Settings -> Cloud & Accounts -> Create new Exchange Active Sync Account.
After creation (where no manual setup should be possible), go to your Samsung Email App, go to Settings -> Accounts and choose your Exchange Account. Scroll down to Exchange Server Settings an change the Server (in my case: outlook.office365.com). After that rechoose every single synchro again (contacts, calender etc....).
If this doesn´t help, go to App Settings, and give your Standard-Email App all authorizations.
Even the contacts sync works now the way i want.
(Send from Galaxy Note 9)
How long does it 'linger' at 'publishing' - mine's been attempting to get to that part for an hour now! Should I give up and just double-entry on my phone and laptop calendars? thanks.