My thanks for your replies. Yes it worked.
I added my outlook email to the Samsung email app as you suggested. It kicked off the Microsoft Exchange programme that automatically updated my outlook callendar onto the Samsung phone callendar. Pity it needs all this but once again my thanks especially as neither Microsoft or Samsung had been able to help.
First off, my Samsung Calendar on my Galaxy S9+ is syncing with my Google Calendar perfectly.
What I want to do is sync my Samsun Calendar (in my phone) to the Outlook calendar on my laptop. I followed your instructions above but, I kept getting a failure message once I chose the DOWNLOAD option (in my phone) . So, now what? Please help.
Anna Marie Warren
I just figured this out as I work in a telecom shop on the Isle of Man. A customer had the same issue and I'd like to share to make it easy for everyone.
This is a 9 Step Process and it's as follows:-
- Sign into Outlook on outlook.com, on a computer preferably
- Once signed in, click the grid icon on the top left and then Calendar
- On the bottom left click tasks (square with a tick)
- On the top right click the cog icon and then options.
- On the left hand side there's a list, click calendar again -> shared calendars -> calendar publishing
- 'Show availability, titles and locations' there's a create button underneath
- right click on the .ics link and copy shortcut
- paste and email it to yourself
- on your phone, click on the link, it will give you two options 'calendar' or 'download' choose download and once download is finished open the file with the built in calendar app on your phone, this will then import your Outlook Calendar to your built-in Calendar.