Support

Open search

Swipe to call or message feature not working

Apprentice

That only works from contacts, not on a text message

Apprentice

Unfortunately, that option isn't available in my settings for messages, only in contacts. My be due to dif't svc providers. I'm with Tmobile.

First Poster

I have the S8 with Android Oreo. Swiping in the Messages app worked until I updated to Android Pie. I hope they bring it back.

Like most everyone else, I am having trouble with the swipe-to-call feature.

I upgraded my S8+ to Pie a few weeks ago and I'm almost certain I have successfully used the feature in recent weeks.

However, today it stopped working. I can make a call directly from the Message app using the aforementioned phone icon in the title bar.

My experience differs from others in this thread because I had the ability but it seems to have gone away *not* as a result of the Pie upgrade. 

Any ideas? 

Apprentice

Yes SAMSUNG should be aware of this! I'm so pissed off they removed that feature! I used the messaging ap to quickly swipe and call one of the people I had been texting!!!

Apprentice
It didnt use to be that way cant understand why the developers removed that feature they are receiving major backlash from customers!

I have the same issue. My workaround is to close all opened apps in background and magically it turns  working...

I can't understand why. Someone has the same behaviour ?

Observer

Has this been Fixed? I just got the S9, not able to swipe as well. :(

Observer
When you click on Recents under contacts you can do it. but this is not as handy. I'm very sad
Observer
this is also why i have been a diehard samsung fan and supporter. :( I"m sad
Top Liked Authors