Support

Open search

Still didnt get android pie update

Explorer

@Cortneyh13 wrote:

May I ask what you dislike about it so much? I used to have a Google pixel and loved the pi software. It was easy to use versatile  on and on. You're not the first to say how much you dislike the update. Was just hoping to get some feedback as to why

It's terrible. The One UI is unique to Samsung. There are several threads discussing why people hate it so much. It's changed the feel of the phone, its appearance, its functionality and performance. Pie itself may be great, but on a Samsung right now it sucks.

I haven't gotten the update either as of March 15th 2019 I have SM-G960U. 

First Poster

i receive my update 2 days ago. And I don't know why people are so unhappy with it. Maybe I just haven't hit the kinks that they have in their new software.

Apprentice
You are very lucky if you didn't get the update. My wife upgraded her's and we both absolutely hate it. Fortunately I haven't updated mine and am looking for a way to turn off the update notification. Trust me stay away from the update!
Explorer

If you like your bluetooth to work, I'd avoid pie for a while. It causes a LOT of problems (stops working) with in-car systems

Just Browsing

Dont bother, wait until they patch up all the keyboard crashes and horrible notification settings.

it is a horrible learning curve since the update I have been forced to download and install google keyboard because samsung keyboard crashes.

I have had to download and install evie launcher because the "pie" ui launcher is horrible

Notifications pop up over apps and then you get a status bar notification as well as a beep its a flamin nightmare.

Dont be in a hurry

Superuser I
Superuser I

@kelleme

Have you considered using the Samsung Beta Keyboard.

It's working well for me.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

Who uses Samsung’s keyboard? Bleh...

First Poster

I still didn't get the Pie update as of 24 March,SM-G960F here.

First Poster

I still didn't get the update as well. Samsung S9 Duos SM-G960F here. The last update was android security patch from December 1st 2018.

I tried updating using Smart Switch but it says that the softwate on my device is up to date.

Is this normal?

Top Liked Authors