Support

Open search

Stereo speaker cuts out

SOLVED
Apprentice

So I've been experiencing some annoying audio issues.   While watching Netflix the audio started out loud then started getting quiet,  I updated netflix thinking perhaps it was the problem.   After updating I noticed the speakers seemed louder,  but with noticeable crackling sounds.   I crossed my fingers and hoped things would get better.   Just now however I was watching a YouTube video and it started off loud,  then I noticed it was quieter so I listened closer and discovered the bottom speaker had stopped.   I started showing someone and as they also agreed the bottom speaker had stopped producing sound it suddenly started working again.   Is there an audio bug or an I dealing with defective hardware? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

Update

I updated both the YouTube appand the netflix app and haven't noticed the issue since

3 REPLIES 3
Apprentice

Update

I updated both the YouTube appand the netflix app and haven't noticed the issue since

Apprentice

I know that I already said this was solved... but in reality it turned out because I was forced to use a third party app to assign individual contact message/text tones that I had to set the stock tone to silent in order for the 3rd party app to work and not hear two different sounds each text... since every other app on the device uses the stock tone the silent was playing and lowering the volume of my other apps playing sound... like when you are listening to music and google maps is giving directions the music goes to a lower level audio so the user can hear the directions.... the silent audio played no sound, while lowering the volume of youtube, netflix, etc.

This is what was happening.  If samsung hadn't removed the individual contact text notifications then this would have never been a problem.  Long thread about that already so I will just leave it at that.

First Poster

u should go to Setting>Notifications and find Sleeping Apps then in there remove any application that you have this issue with, I had this issue with Telegram and WhatsApp

Top Liked Authors