Support

Open search

Split screen on s9 after update

Thank you!!!!!! that was a great explanation! found it!

This is the best and most accurate answer.  After the update in March 2019, I couldn't find a way to activate split screen.  This Q&A helped me to access the split screen hidden menu.

1) press the 3 horizontal bars on the bottom left of screen,

2) press the icon to activate hidden menu

3) select choice

20190326_031130.jpgSplit screen on N9 1 of 2

20190326_032203.jpgSplit screen on N9 2 of 2

Highlighted

Thanks for that info. I NEVER would have figured that out on my own. 

Observer
Thanks for this, it was driving me mad.

Why did they get rid of the long press of the recent apps button is my question. Turns a simple process into a 4-step one. This is what these geniuses come up with at their weekly meetings. "I know! Let's slowly take away basic features until it's completely inconvenient, and then we'll release a new line of phones with 'corrections'. A**holes

Voyager

@I_h8_sam-sung wrote:

Why did they get rid of the long press of the recent apps button is my question. Turns a simple process into a 4-step one. This is what these geniuses come up with at their weekly meetings. "I know! Let's slowly take away basic features until it's completely inconvenient, and then we'll release a new line of phones with 'corrections'. A**holes

I'm not a 100% sure but I think that's just part of pie itself which comes from Google. I was looking at the pixel and Huawei running pie on YouTube the other night, looked the same. 

S10 is running the same as us too 

they almost ruined the simplicity, earlier it was so easy.

I believe this update pissed us all

Voyager

Tbh I think the majority like it, we're pretty much a minority on here.

For me personally I think it just needs tweaks, like you mention with the split screen. 

Bring back pro mode for video, allow the recent apps to scroll vertically, things like that. 

Goodlock certainly improves things but it's not perfect yet. 

First Poster
Thank you
Top Liked Authors