Support

Open search

Smart lock not working!

Apprentice

I agree! In the last 2 weeks, this has completely failed. I also found that NOTHING fixes this. I completely agree that these steps do not work anymore. I don't know what update occurred, but I'm sick of it and have given up. I hate this forced security!

First Poster

Only got my samsung phone the other day so only just got round to trying the smart lock feature, it worked fanasically for the first few times I used it inside my home then for no reason it stopped working, I've tried deleting location and resetting it but have to use pass code or fingerprint every time I want to unlock it, seems like this issue has been going on for quite a while, a shame, it was great for the 10 minutes it worked!

Apprentice
Did you add a work or school account for email, and shortly after the smart lock stopped working?
This is a well but also little know issue.

I found a solution on another site. It worked for two different Samsungs.

Go into Google Maps and select Google Location History. When you get into your google account , make sure only one device is enabled (namely the phone you are using).  Smart Lock now works

Make sure Google Location History has only one device selected - worked on two separate Samsungs
First Poster

Thanks, I'll look into that and check, I was thinking it might just be bad reception for the sattelite or whatever it uses as it does work at home now and then but not all the time

First Poster

No, I just set it up for at home, it worked initially but after about half an hour it just stopped, I'm thinking it might be poor reception with the sattelites

Top Liked Authors