Support

Open search

Screen recording

First Poster

Hi all I’m getting my S9+ tomorrow and one feature I’ve loved on the iPhone is the ability to screen record on any app from the control centre and I was wondering if this is possible on the s9+ as I like being able to record a friends snapchat video they sent me to re watch later again and wondering if it’s possible to do on the S9+ 

13 REPLIES 13
Explorer

Yes you can, in play store search screen record, I use one called REC. It's a red square with white camera in it with REC. On the camera in red 

First Poster
I wonder why samsung doesnt provide with this simple feature.
First Poster

You can record game plays with the inbuilt screen recorder. It can be accessed under Settings -> Advanced features -> Game Options. Just turn it on and record the gameplay.

Now if you want to make it as easy as it's on iPhone and record any app function, you need to use third-party apps from the play store. Here are some good apps to record your android phone screen. You can use any of them to record your screen.

I would use an app which gives a widget for faster access and keeps in on one of the home screens. It's not as fast as accessing control panel but that's the closest we can get.

Explorer

@TheJWills wrote:

Hi all I’m getting my S9+ tomorrow and one feature I’ve loved on the iPhone is the ability to screen record on any app from the control centre and I was wondering if this is possible on the s9+ as I like being able to record a friends snapchat video they sent me to re watch later again and wondering if it’s possible to do on the S9+ 

Yeah, all you have to do is install snapchat then open game launcher, once opened tap on the three dots in the top right corner, then tap on add a game, then tap snap chat.

Then launch snapchat from the game launcher then start recording using the game tools widget.20180417_225633.jpg

20180417_225604.jpg

Hi. I use D*V Screen Record (really record screen with internal sound + screenshots) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dddvvv.dvvtomaszewski.screenrecord

Highlighted

Samsung I recommend adding an android update that includes screen recording

Lol ikr!!

Its because google (who owns android unsure if you knew this) purposely bans screen recording with internal audio for some reason, even the Play Games app doesnt do internal audio.

First Poster

Samsung doesn't seem to have a built-in feature to record screen. I always use a free third-party app. There are a few free ones on this list: Top 10 Free Screen Recorder for Android

Top Liked Authors