Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen burn

(Topic created on: 05-05-2019 06:17 PM)
cosacee
Journeyman
Options

I am looking for information in regards to anyone else who has suffered screen burn on their Samsung s9/s9+ as I suffered screen burn on my Samsung s9 within 6 months I require similar cases to prove that this is a issue that affects other users also. This is unacceptable for a £800 pound phone in this day and age especially when marketed as the greatest smartphone display that has been invented. Within 3 months my screen developed horrible burn in where the automatic brightness had adjusted the levels so that the bottom portion of my screen suffered a vertical line and the top half a horizontal line I suspect from widgets on the homescreen or from YouTube. I have looked on reddit and noticed other users with the same issue so I would like to hear from others with the same issue so i can put this to Samsung and hopefully address the issue. Thanks 

21 REPLIES 21
deosinggih
First Poster
Options
i have been using this phone past a year and no burnin screen appear. but the battery health say 85% tho
0 Likes
Adam281278
First Poster
Options

I to have suffered with screen burn on the s9 had it from having the phone 2 month's been trying to find a way of sorting it

0 Likes
S9123
First Poster
Options

I also have faced this same problem with my S9 really a bad impression Samsung then why do you make this useless phone don't cheat people like please...my money is gone so friends plz go with better companies.

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@S9123  schrieb:

I also have faced this same problem with my S9 really a bad impression Samsung then why do you make this useless phone don't cheat people like please...my money is gone so friends plz go with better companies.

so far I've used three samsung phones with amoled display and there was no burn-in. certain types of displays show this effect when not handled properly. you might have informed yourself before buying.

https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-fix-amoled-burn-in-on-android-displays

0 Likes
Ag15
First Poster
Options

I had a contract with sky for my Galaxy S9. Decided to upgrade to S10 before my 2 year contract was up with sky's swop incentive. Sent my S9 back in what I thought was perfect condition and now they won't give me as much off my contract owing because of screen burn! I am so livid about this. 

0 Likes
DavidD1
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same here, and the phone is still under warranty, they want an extra £100 for a manufacturing fault.  Did you get anywhere with this?

0 Likes
DavidD1
First Poster
Options
I have never had burn-in on ANY phone until the S9 and have treated the phone extremely well, yet still had a slightly burnt keyboard which resulted in them asking for an extra £100 on the part exchange for an S20, even though the S9 is still under Guarantee! This is not a handling fault, it is a manufacturing defect. Of course, it won't affect everyone, the anecdotal evidence that it didn't happen to you is no confirmation that it isn't an issue.
0 Likes
PSmith_UK
Explorer
Options

Just traded my S9 for a S20.  Samsung trade in team advise that my device had screen burn and want me to pay them another £50.

I never experienced any issues with the display. On doing a web search, this sems to be a common scam by theb trade in teams.  

0 Likes
pragyanshu
First Poster
Options

Bought S9 and S9+ both. S9's screen burnt just after a year as the warranty ended :smiling-face: I was fortunate that S9 + screen got burnt day before yesterday when there were only 4 days left for the warranty to expire ..

I don't know the exact issue but i recall installing an update which samsung pushes to the galaxy devices similar was the case with my S9 device. as soon as you install the updates your phone will heat up pretty quickly and burn the screen. and you will suddenly start receiving exchange offers for the upgraded model.. hahah 

0 Likes
Lewdog
Apprentice
Options

Yes I have but phone is out of warranty I find it disgusting that this can happen with such an expensive phone. I've up graded now but want to sell mine on as other than the screen burn its in emaculate condition I've had the original Samsung case on it n its only just lost its original screen saver thats on it when u buy them mines the s9 plus 256

0 Likes